Job description / Role
Rawabi Holding Company
Operating in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East for over 30 years as one of the leading industrial players in the region and has activities in construction & engineering, oil & gas, petrochemical, utilities, power & electrical, telecommunication & IT, trading, and manufacturing. RAWABI Holding Company comprises various subsidiaries and several associated companies.
• Mechanical Engineers work under general direction, applying their skills and expertise to generate solutions that require development or sustainment of new or improved techniques, procedures, or products.
• Responsibilities include assisting with planning, conducting, and evaluating approaches to meet project objectives in a timely, cost-effective fashion.
• Successful Mechanical Engineers are self-motivated and work effectively in team or individual situations. They have excellent communication skills and can handle multiple projects and activities simultaneously
• Analyze specifications and manuals and provide technical information to implement operating procedures, clarify ambiguities and solve problems
• Specify system components to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
• Respond to emergencies and take remedial action as required to ensure health, safety and the environment are protected
• Assist senior management team in preparing sub contract agreements and in recruiting people of various disciplines
• Undertake team briefings and inception activities to ensure all aspects of work are understood by all concerned parties
• Attend regular meetings with clients, architects and consultants and update all parties on project progress
• Organize pipeline activities of foundation, supports and welding works of 30"and 40" pipes for 80 Km
• Responsible for open-cut road crossing activities
• Lead Horizontal Directional Drilling and Micro Tunneling activities - surveying, excavation, welding, coating and backfilling
• Organize scaffolding activities involving materials, manpower and site erection
• Organize steel structural activities of delivery, erection, and site modification
• Organize above/underground piping site activities including painting, wrapping, coating, fabrication, welding, erection
• Responsible for all tie-in and shutdown activities of hot tapping and cold cutting
• Prepare and conduct piping hydro testing works as per QC requirements
• Prepare and manage erection and alignment of equipment (Static, Rotary)
• Review and coordinate works to provide instruction and guidance on technical issues in accordance with the project requirements.
• Provide technical reports and assist and preparing management reports
• Checks all project drawings, documentation, calculations, technical evaluations and manpower estimates to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Participate in regular meetings to identify problems, target dates, issues, delays execution of work to ensure timely project completion.
• Represent the organization and enhance relationships in dealings with client, consultants and regulatory authorities to ensure all agreements are implemented.
• Monitoring project expenditure and margin analysis against bid estimates and implement corrective actions when cost or schedule over-runs materialize.
• Meeting the deadlines & agreed targets to satisfy client.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Proven 5 years working experience as mechanical engineering in oil & gas.
• Working experience with product lifecycle management (PLM), finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
• Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE)
• Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD, ProE or other).
• Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools (ANSYS, ProMechanica or similar)
• Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Mat lab, Excel, Lab View etc.)
• Creativity and analytical skills.
• Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner.
• Technical writing skills.
About the Company
Rawabi Holding, through its fully owned subsidiaries, joint ventures and partnerships with international market leaders, focuses on four core sectors:
Oilfield Services, Contracting & Industrial Services, Offshore Services and Retail. Through these divisions, we provide a diversified range of products and services to a variety of industries: oil, gas and petrochemicals; marine; engineering and construction; power, telecom and IT; corrosion and industrial services; logistics; and consumer products. Although varied and distinct, all our offerings share the same commitment to quality, service and excellence that make them part of the Rawabi Holding family.
Rawabi Holding is a purpose-driven company that exists not only to generate profit, but also to improve everyone and everything we can. From customer projects and employee development to our impact on the communities in which we work, Rawabi Holding is propelled by an unwavering energy to make everything we touch better. No matter how great the challenge or how complex the problem, we face it head-on to deliver proven results.