Mechanical Engineer - KSA National
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently looking for a Saudi National Mechanical Engineers to be responsible for the day to day construction management for a massive infrastructure project in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Direct construction, operations, and maintenance activities at project site.
* Review Inspector's daily reports and prepare engineer's daily Diary.
* Oversee inspectors' daily activities including work assignments, on site performance, guidance on the site performance and guidance on the supervision of the Contractor's operations.
* Review Contractor's joint measurement and testing requests and subsequent completed reports.
* Review and approve the Contractor's Shop Drawings as delegated by the construction manager.
* Monitor performance of the survey party.
* Coordinate with the Contractor's supervisory personnel regarding schedule, sequence and method of work.
* Monitor conformance with the Contractor's schedule.
* Carry out continuous field inspections of the work in progress and consult with both the Engineer's and Contractor's supervisory staff.
* Prepare written and oral reports to the Construction Manager on contractual and procedural matters.
* Review as-built drawings, in coordination with inspectors and surveyors
* Check all work order items, drawing and quantities before commencement of work.
* Check and follow setting out, L.O.C of every work order.
* Co-ordinate and co-operate with Clients representative every time during inspection and site visit.
* Co-ordinate with Contractor's Engineer regarding request routing, checking, testing and calculations for approved works.
* Liaise with clients and their representatives (engineers and surveyors), attend regular meetings to keep them informed of progress.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A university degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Minimum 7 years of experience in mechanical works for infrastructure and mixed used development projects ?
* Good experience on final acceptance criteria of the quality of work
* Knowledge of inspection test plans and procedures
* Work experience with consultants for Inspection of total construction activities on site is desirable
* Familiar with use of computer languages - Microsoft office and Auto Cad
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.