Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Mechanical/Rotating Equipment Engineer to join our Unconventional Resources Operation Department.
The Unconventional Resources Operation Department is responsible for operating all the surface facilities, which include the field wells and processing facilities.
Your primary role will be to lead the mechanical design review, follow the construction and leading the commissioning and testing activities for the new shale gas facilities. You will have a thorough understanding of plant operations, process technologies, supply and product logistics, business drivers, cost drivers, and feedstock sensitivities. In addition, you will have a detailed understanding of product properties, customer applications and requirements.
You must also demonstrate the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams producing reports, studies and presentations that are pivotal in shaping management's decisions.
• You will be required to perform the following:
• Provide day-to-day technical support to Operations and Maintenance to troubleshoot and fix rotating equipment and mechanical systems.
• Develop the engineering designs packages for the new installation and upgrade projects.
• Review project proposals and detailed design packages for new facilities .
• Participate on the testing and commissioning of the new facilities and turnaround and inspection (T&I).
• Update and maintain engineering documentation and drawings.
• Analyze system performance and find solution for energy saving.
• Ensure quality, cost effective and timely solutions to any upgrade.
• Test and pilot new technologies.
• Ensure full HSE compliance.
• Report and analyze key performance indices.
• Make recommendations for technical/economic optimization of existing facilities.
• Lead feasibility/profitability studies for new facilities.
• Contribute to business unit strategy.
• Assist in the training, development and mentoring of younger staff.
• Provide analysis, evaluation and interpretation in support of projects, processes, and financing related to Saudi Aramco capital investment decisions.
• Maintain and expand on contacts within the industry.
• Regularly interact with other professionals in various company organizations involved in capital planning and economic analysis.
• As the successful candidate you will hold a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited university. A master's degree is preferred.
• A Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Chartered Engineer (C.Eng.) license or registration will be desirable but is not essential.
• You will have at least 10 years of experience in the industrial operation facility; a shale gas facility is preferred. You should also have a good knowledge of the modular skids mounted unit.
• You must have a working knowledge of industry codes and standards, such as ASME and API, such as API-STD-610 and API-STD-617.
• You will have experience with creating/modifying PFDs, and P&IDs.
• You will have experience with troubleshooting and major repair of oil and gas rotating equipment, such as air compressors, pumps and diesel generators.
• You will have experience in creating schematics and piping diagrams.
• You must be able to conduct failure analysis and provide recommendations for failed rotating equipment.
• You will have experience with rotating equipment and piping field installation, commissioning and testing.
• You will have experience in specifying piping and equipment layout.
• You should be capable of communicating with multidiscipline engineers to complete projects. You must have proven ability to communicate effectively with management at all levels within the organization. Capable of spotting and reconciling conflicting views and interests among different parts of the organization
• Strong written and oral communication skills are a requirement. You should be able to communicate what are frequently complex technical, economic and commercial concepts in a clear and succinct manner to individuals and groups from diverse professional backgrounds.
• A Hands-on person who will immediately command the professional respect of others who possess longtime practical experience of working in or serving the industry. Person whom others, at all levels, will seek out for advice and counsel.
• Have the ability to work effectively with the minimum of supervision on relatively unstructured tasks.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.