Job description / Role
• The Mechanical Technician repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment; pumps, gear, conveyor systems, loading systems, production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
Responsibilities / Duties:
• Performs routine facility mechanical maintenance as assigned.
• Performs Planning Maintenance tasks as assigned
• Observes and troubleshoots mechanical devices in operation by adjusting functional parts of devices, as well as repairing/replacing defective parts.
• Responsible for aiding in start-up process to ensure equipment is operating correctly.
• Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
• Contains a strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to assist in resolving issues and fostering Continuous Improvement.
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with at least 2 years of experience
• Ability to make sound decisions regarding resource utilization and needs.
• Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
• Results-oriented, process improvement focused.
• Ability to work cross functionally to achieve outstanding results.
• Strong mechanical aptitude with experience in manufacturing
About the Company
Durrah is developing a state-of-the-art Sugar Refinery in King Fahad Industrial Port in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia with a capital of 1.2 billion Saudi Riyals.
About 300km north Jeddah at west-coast of Saudi Arabia on the Red Sea, a 150,000 M² occupied by Durrah Sugar Refinery located in King Fahad Industrial port with 18 m direct deep wharf within the industrial city of Yanbu. Durrah Sugar Refinery is designed to process a minimum of 2,500 Mt / day of raw cane sugar into white refined sugar.
The construction of the project is commencing in 3rd quarter of 2015 with targeted construction period of 22 months, while commercial production will commence in the 2nd quarter of 2017.
Durrah Sugar Refinery will produce high quality white sugar in different sizes targeting retail and industrial segments.