Job description / Role
Preparation of MEP system designs and specifications, including HVAC, for facilities used on water and wastewater pump stations and treatment plants and related process plant in coordination with other disciplines. Assist with the preparation of presentations, design reports, specifications, calculations, drawings, tender documents, procurement packages and cost estimates for FEED/EPC, design build and design, bid-build contracts.
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
• Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
• Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
• Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
• Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
• Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
• Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products, using drafting tools or computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software.
• Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems and needs.
• Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
• Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
• Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
• Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
• Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs.
• Estimate costs and submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects, and prepare contract documents.
• Perform personnel functions, such as supervision of production workers, technicians, technologists and other engineers, and design of evaluation programs.
• Establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition.
• Design test control apparatus and equipment and develop procedures for testing products.
• Minimum 10 years overall mechanical, electrical (MEP) engineering design experience of which at least 5 years should have been gained working in the Middle East.
• Candidate must be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of mechanical design principles as applied to MEP and HVAC systems for industrial and process facilities.
• Experience should include preparation of designs for either municipal, industrial, Residential projects.
• Conversant in the use of engineering software packages including sizing of HVAC chillers and ducting, air flow modeling, plant piping and fire suppression systems.
• Sound knowledge of relevant local and international standards and codes of practice.
• Understanding of quality and safety aspects of the design development process.
• Awareness of 3D plant layout modeling and BIM applications e.g. Intergraph CADWorx Plant or similar.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior MEP Manager
MEP Engineer - Factory/Manufacturing Plant
Head of MEP
MEP Construction Manager
Big Fish Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||15 Apr|
MEP Technical Manager / Head of Engineering Department
Energi Recruitment Services