Job description / Role
Estimation Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
Estimation engineers analyze different aspects of a project based on the size and type of the project. Based on the job listings we researched, we found these core tasks are typically assigned to estimation engineers:
Analyze Research Data
- Before a project starts, estimation engineers analyze all preliminary research data to determine the project’s influence on the company and its investments.
- Estimation engineers typically compile this information and present it to stakeholders in an easy-to-understand format.
Review Project Deliverables
- As project deliverables are developed, estimation engineers review them to start gaining an understanding of the overall scope of the project.
- This involves reviewing design packages, project drawings, and other deliverables to prepare for the estimation process.
Develop Cost Estimates
- Estimation engineers use the preliminary research data and review of project deliverables to prepare `the cost estimates for the entire project.
- As they start to gain a clearer sense of the overall project, they put together cost estimations and deliver them to stakeholders and project managers.
Manage Current and Previous Estimations
- After estimations have been created, estimation engineers edit and update the estimations as the project changes.
- Estimation engineers track and maintain all estimations for further analysis. They evaluate changes and review estimations to ensure accurate project development.
Provide Technical Support
- Estimation engineers provide technical support to junior engineers and other project employees to help them make more accurate estimations. They teach them how to estimate processes and deliver those estimates in a timely manner.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, in addition, experience in CSA estimating will be advantageous
- Bachelors in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Candidate should be in Saudi Arabia with transferable iqama
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Estimation Engineer (MEP)
Al Reem International Construction
|Abu Dhabi||2 Nov|
MEP Cost Manager
Currie & Brown
Mechanical Site Engineer
Big Fish Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||29 Oct|
|Abu Dhabi||16 Oct|
MEP Construction Manager
Menasa & Partners
|Abu Dhabi||22 Oct|