Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East is currently looking for MEP Manager to provide full support in all technical and management matters for our metro PMC project in Riyadh, KSA.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Provide oversight of the construction supervision of the concerned disciple's aspects of the project to such that the design documents are safely and correctly implemented during construction execution
* Ensure that the requirements of the construction contract are fully met by the contractor
* Assist the Construction Manager in the delivery of contractual obligations and in supervising the team of engineers/inspectors, reporting project progress, quality of the works and any changes in the design/construction
* Supervise Assistant Resident Engineers (AREs), Site Engineers and Works Inspectors
* Establish the site office, identifies resources, organizes the Supervision Team and allocates responsibilities for HSE, cost control supervision and document control procedures
* Ensure all required permits from all governmental agencies are secured and valid and posted on site prior to commencing works.
* Review the Contract Insurances, Bonds, Advance Payment Guarantee
* Review and implement all relevant the project plans including Construction Programme, QA & QC Plan and Organisation Chart
* Evaluate, select, and adopt suitable construction supervision techniques, quality control procedures, and continuous improvement measures
* Review and respond to all claims submitted by the Contractor
* Adopt a pro-active safety policy and safe work practices; ensure that contractor follows high quality health and safety measures on site.
* Hold and chair work progress / safety meeting between the Engineer and the Contractor; attend other regular meetings and with Client Executive Management, as necessary.
* Review Contractor's submittals including materials, method statements, inspection and test plans, inspection requests and requests for information (RFI) and provides timely responses.
* Review, respond and approve Change Orders and Contractor's Monthly Invoices.
* Coordinate with all Utilities Stakeholders; obtains material/subcontract approvals by creating necessary correspondence and participates in generating solutions to all technical issues on site.
* Participates and ensures proper closing-out on all aspects of the contracts..
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Qualified with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an internationally recognized accredited University with a minimum of five (5) years Chartered Engineer or Professional Engineer (PE) registration or other similar professional organizations
* Possess a minimum fifteen (15) years post graduate experience in design, site supervision, and construction management of mixed-use projects, ideally metro and/or rail projects
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognises that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.