Job description / Role
About the company:
Our client has grown to become the world's No. 1-ranked engineering design firm - delivering integrated, sustainable solutions that help clients and communities in every region of the world create and unlock new opportunities. They operate in 7 continents, have over 87,000 employees, are in 150+ countries and turnover in excess of $17.4Billion per annum. We are looking for MEP QS to work in Makkah, Saudi Arabia.
• Review and report on cost submissions prepared by contractor for completeness of all necessary information and supporting documents to substantiate the cost.
• Identify and request any/all missing documents and review that all supporting documents are properly correlated and cross referenced.
• Request, and review and comment on, pricing information and supporting documents such as but not limited to quotations, purchase orders, invoices, unit price build-ups, quantity measurement of various price subcomponents, method of measurement, approved drawings and specifications, method statements etc. for supply, fabrication, packaging, shipping, customs and clearance, transportation, unloading, erection & installation, etc. and prepare Reports thereon.
• Prepare unit prices benchmarks based on similar and/or analogous items.
• Review for any possible duplication between the various cost items and request necessary adjustment.
• Review and supervise quantities measurement when required.
• Review contractor’s payment certificates including review of compilation of all cost items in accordance with agreed and/or approved unit prices and agreed quantity measurement and prepare Payment Certificate Reports.
• Prepare Cost Reports incorporating financial status and progress of the various cost submissions.
• Prepare other reports pertaining to the project as may be required by management.
• Arabic Speaking
• MRICS or MCIOB - preferred
• 12+ years experience
• International Consultancy Experience
• Bachelor in MEP Engineering
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Rider Levett Bucknall
Cost Manager - MEP
Currie & Brown
MEP Quantity Surveyor
MEP - Quantity Surveyor
One Thousand Walls