Job description / Role
The Metering technician performs the major functions listed below. The position may require additional duties/responsibilities that may not be outlined below, and specific functions are subject to change.
• Read and get familiar with company’s work instruction for calibration of Bi-directional and Uni directional provers by water draw system
• Lead a team of 2 to 3 helpers to Perform Prover calibration by water draw system as per API standards and complete the calibration works within given schedule
• Prepare calibration certificate after completion of calibration activity.
• Understand client scope of work
• Maintain the water draw system as per PICS Arabia procedures
• Able to read Metering System P&ID, ILD and wiring diagrams
• The technician shall be familiar with removal and inflation of Prover spheres
• The technician shall be familiar with critical components of Pipe prover
• Become familiar with PICS Arabia quality and safety procedure and strictly follow it during job execution
• Understand the calculations involved in determination of new base prover volume
• Maintain regular communication with office staff with reference to Job status, problems, concerns, etc.
• Maintain knowledge and adhere to the latest industry standards and client standards as provided by the company
• Prior work experience with Tank calibration as per API Standards is added advantage
• Assist in other branch duties as assigned
SAR 8,000 to 10,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Resident VISA, Health Insurance, Yearly Flight tickets, 30 days paid leaves/year, Gratuity as per KSA laws
Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum 3 years Diploma in Mechanical or Instrumentation or Petroleum engineering
• Minimum Five years’ work experience in field of Instrument Calibration and minimum 2-3 years of experience in calibration of provers using water draw System.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
• Familiarity with API standards (chapter 4.9.2 and chapter 12)
About the Company
P I C S A R A B I A (Process Instrumentation & Control Solutions) is a provider of Automation, Controls and Instrumentation Engineering Services, Electrical Engineering Services, Systems Integration, and Technical Support in Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, all kinds of Manufacturing plants, Health (Hospitals) & Construction Industries in Saudi Arabia. For over a period of time, PICSARABIA has built a solid reputation for technical excellence and an uncompromising commitment to quality. We have assembled and trained a highly skilled and experienced team of Engineers and Technicians who deliver a broad range of Design Consultancy and Engineering Support services to virtually all major industries in the region.
PICSARABIA understands client needs for Electrical and Instrumentation service is critical for ensuring stable, accurate and reliable control of process. Our instrumentation team takes pride in their ability to meet project schedules and exceed expectations of our customers.