Job description / Role
Recruiting on behalf of out client, a Telco operator in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The role would be part of a wider team responsible for translating corporate strategy and the business / commercial strategies into technology strategy. The main responsibility of the Mobile Expert role is to define technology and technical requirements for the mobile domain strategy, align with sectors on objectives, goals, opportunities and requirements, consult the department with insights from a domain-specific perspective and support in designing projects and investments required to accommodate for business needs.
• Develop and review domain-specific technology strategy within mobile.
• Develop initiatives and plans for implementation of the mobile domain strategy.
• Ensure mobile domain strategy conforms to corporate level strategy and overarching technology strategy.
• Manage competitive intelligence gathering process.
• Consider technology strategy requirements as well as objectives and consult technology strategy development with mobile-specific requirements and objectives.
• Review and update Wireless Network Strategy based on 3GPP Standardization update, Industry trends, Vendors Roadmaps and market trends.
• Conduct research and analysis on external factors influencing mobile domain strategy.
• Provide Global Frequency strategic direction and its adoption in line with ITU and WRC recommendations including frequency refarming, emerging technology access (5G and beyond), IoT, Mission critical and its strategic case, 4G Evolution etc.
• Deliver domain strategy for crucial streams like Cloud RAN, Antenna Evolution and its deployment plan, Small Cells strategic case and its deployment strategy, associated business case preparation and its evolution.
• Conduct research and analysis of internal factors (resources & capabilities) influencing mobile domain strategy.
• Support the technology innovation process within mobile and align with sectors on emerging technologies, trends and key innovation topics.
• Support the mapping and monitoring of technologies underlying business capabilities, as well as emerging new uses and standards.
• Provide support in strategic direction to improve profitability, minimize operational, business, market and financial risks, and leverage potential opportunities and the mitigation plans for any risks.
• Responsible for formulating and developing Tech & Ops Strategy in consultation with stockholders aligning with Corporate strategy, Business Financial planning and Regulatory obligations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunication Engineering or Information Technology.
• Master’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering or Information Technology (preferred).
• Experience in telecommunications sector and technologies.
• Experience with developing strategic plans.
• Expert in planning and design of mobile network with multiple technologies.
• Expert in Frequency planning and spectrum utilization.
• Expert knowledge in the strategy development and business planning processes.
• Expert knowledge of telecommunications product & services portfolio.
• Able to structure problems logically, test hypotheses and draw convincing conclusions.
• Ability to follow the industry trend, latest technical development in mobile access area and be able to participate in detailed deep technical discussion with business partners.
• A clear and concise communicator work both verbally and with written material.
• Expert proficiency in wireless network life cycle i.e. Planning, Design and operation.
• Advance proficiency in data analysis, reporting skills and relevant reporting software and tools.
About the Company
A leading technology management consultancy in the UAE.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
CS CN Performance Engineer
Saudi Networkers Services (SNS Group)
Manager - Customer Projects - Telecommunications
Customer Solutions Engineer
IT Technical Support Manager - ITIL Expert
Electronic Design Engineer for an IT Multinational Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE