Job description / Role
- Prepare detailed estimates for different projects including but not limited to multi-billion dollar oil and gas projects.
- Develop multi-discipline concepts, detailed and definitive cost estimates for Company Capital Projects.
- Review estimates to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with defined scope of work.
- Interact with multiple organizations to review, discuss project scope and estimate basis and consult on company estimating methods/procedures.
- Support technically in review of design packages and drawings.
- Assist project management and contracting personnel with bid analysis and contract negotiations.
- Engineer and coordinate with teammates on company estimating methods and preparation directions.
- Upgrade on changing developments in estimating advances by reviewing technical literature, contact with contractors, visits to construction locations and attending professional and technical meetings.
- Revise and conclude incoming Requests for Proposals (RFP's).
- Study and interpret Engineering drawing and technical specifications to develop manufacturing process flows.
- Utilize inputs from Manufacturing Engineering, Tool Design and Manufacturing personnel to develop technical proposals.
- Assist in make and buy estimate decision process.
- Collaborate with engineers to determine machining operations, tools, gauges and materials required for the job.
- Develop time-phase charts and learning curves for manufacturing of parts, assembly, and testing.
SAR 19,000 to 20,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Education and Qualification:
- B.Sc. granted by accredited university in addition to extra qualifications in the field of cost estimation of construction projects.
- 12 years in the field of preparing cost estimates of the projects of construction including the civil, electrical and mechanical fields.
- Water experience.
- A good appreciation of market conditions
- Good commercial and contractual awareness
- Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills
- Ability to produce clear, accurate and detailed tenders and reports
- Conversant with Microsoft Project or equivalent
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Al Baddad Capital
Ali Zaid Al-Quraishi & Brothers Company (AZAQ)
Estimator - Interior Fitouts / Joinery
Project & Civil Engineer