Job description / Role
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A"rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
Overview of the role
Lead the HRSS team within the Government Services department and deliver efficient and Employee Experience-oriented processes for the Group's employees, in accordance with relevant SLAs and KPIs. Together with the Head Of HRSS, develop efficient and effective processes with the operational departments of Employee Services KSA, as well as in the overseas markets as and when required. Provide support for collating, analyzing and visualizing relevant HR- and business data, in order to enable effective data-supported decision making by HR leaders and the business.
Work with the Head of HRSS and the Group HRIS team on any HR analytics-, reporting- or technology projects and activities that are relevant to the area of Government Services.
What you will do
- Lead, develop and retain the HRSS team in Government Services.
- Together with the Head Of HRSS, manage the Immigration related activities for Al-Futtaim's businesses in the KSA. Attend to in-person activities with the Government, typing centers wor other third parties as and when required.
- Ensure process efficiency and employee experience are at the heart of the HRSS team's service delivery and process management.
- Ensure full compliance to local labor laws and Group AFG policies and guidelines.
- Design streamlined processes for a seamless integration between Government Services and operational departments such as Onboarding, Offboarding and the Contact Centre.
- Together with the Head Of HRSS, liaise with counterparts in other MENA countries to drive alignment and best practices in service delivery, efficiency and employee experience.
- Deliver transactional and standard HR services in a timely manner and in line with the SLA.
- Service Partnering / Customer Intimacy
- Act as a trusted service partner to ensure customer intimacy, and guide the business stakeholders and HR Business Partners as per their requirements and best practice.
- Act as change agent and facilitate change management and transition management, especially concerning scaling the business through expansion, business development and growth.
- Identify policy improvements and provide recommendations to the Management for implementation. Provide solutions to employees and managers as per company HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure that compliance to HR policies is maintained; review and strengthen internal controls and procedures; and provide guidance to leadership teams on process and governance.
- Address policy breaches immediately and decisively.
- Together with the Head Of HRSS, manage governmental relations affairs; design and implement an efficient set of processes together with relevant internal stakeholders, and propose solutions on complex matters to businesses related to government matters.
- Provided the needed governmental documents to business on a timely manner such as Gosi and Zakat certificates.
- Strong relationships with internal and external parties to manage complex business matters and propose solutions to the businesses.
- Provide support for collating, analysing and visualising relevant HR- and business data, in order to enable effective data-supported decision-making by HR leaders and the business.
- Work with the Head Of HRSS and the Group HRIS team on any HR analytics and reporting projects and activities that are relevant to the area of Government Services.
- Work with the Head Of HRSS and the Group HRIS team on relevant HR technology implementations.
- Drive innovation in the Government Services practices through the use of bots, cloud-based technology and artificial intelligence, among other available and current tools.
- Oversee The team daily operations and manage their tasks and duties.
Required Skills to be successful
- Stakeholder Management
- Problem solving
- Team management
- Analytical skills
What equips you for the role
- University Degree desirable
- Must have a minimum of 7 to 10 years Human Resources Operations / Shared Services management experience preferably with Government Services / Relations. Experience from related industries preferred.
- Must have analytical and data management abilities.
- Must have knowledge of local laws and regulations concerning the labour market.
- Enhanced computer skills using recent MS Office suite. Experience with HR technology, preferably with SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central or SAP HCM; Oracle Fusion or Oracle E-Business Suite, or Workday, is desired.
We're here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click "apply": Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.