Job description / Role
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A"rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
Overview of the role
We are seeking a highly capable and motivated HR Executive to act as a trusted advisor to senior line management on all human capital management matters; to ensure a keen understanding of the business so as to implement HR strategies and practices that support robust business growth; reinforce a culture of performance focus, meritocracy and diversity; and comply with Group HR policy.The HR Executive is responsible to ensure all HR administrative processes for which HR Business Partners are responsible are executed efficiently and with impeccable attention to detail and reporting hierarchy and organisation unit structure within SAP HCM is kept up to date
What you will do
- Work with line managers and Group Recruitment to ensure all recruits are of an acceptable standard and are thoroughly vetted and reference checked
- Ensure all new recruits are properly inducted
- Ensure training needs of key and high potential staff are identified and delivered
- Ensure proper follow through to appraisal exercise
- Ensure all pay increases, bonus or incentive awards, and promotion proposals are justified and comply with policy
- Support line managers in creating a culture of employee engagement based upon 'Al-Futtaim way" values.
- Provide line management with regular and accurate reporting of employee costs
- Participate in project work as required to develop HR policies, procedures and practices.
- Coordination with HRSSU to ensure smooth on-boarding process/off-boarding for new employees.
- Assist the HRBP in administration and documentation of PDR & Accreditation etc.
- Coordinate with HRSSU for follow up of payment claims.
- Prepare and coordinate for the payment of travel claims for employees who have completed business trips.
- Assist the HRBP in all matters related to of employee relations, grievances, engagement and training.
- Coordinate with the accommodation in charge and escalating any issues that need to be resolved by the Admin manager through the HRBP.
- Report All QHSE incidents immediately and take necessary precautions
- Coordinate with HRSS for the registration of Saudi National in all government programs and initiatives such as GOSI, TAQAT, HRDF and SAIFI
Required Skills to be successful
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- problem solving skills
What equips you for the role
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource, Psychology or Business Management Degree
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience in HR Operation
- Ability to complete tasks efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner
- Strong team player, with ability to take initiative and operate independently.
- Able to manage ambiguity and multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We're here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click "apply": Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.