Job description / Role
NDT Inspection Teacher - ITQAN
• Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in the class
• Teaching according to the educational needs, abilities and achievement of the individual students and groups of students
• Adopting and working towards the implementation of the departments development plan
• Assigning work, correcting and marking work carried out by his trainees
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress, attainment and behavior of his students
• Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students or groups of students
• Participating in arrangements within an agreed framework for the appraisal of students’ performance
• Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students, groups of students or class entrusted to him
• Providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters
• Communicating, consulting and co-operating with other members of the vocational department, including those having posts of special responsibility to ensure the best interest of trainees
• Reviewing and evaluating one’s own teaching and learning strategies, methodologies and programme/s in line with the institutes policies and guidelines
• Advising and co-operating with the Lead teacher; Head of Department, and other teachers in the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral care arrangements
• Ensuring high standards of professional practice and quality of teaching and learning of the subject/s, through effective dialogue, participating in reciprocal peer review and observation of class teaching practice by the Head of Department or other nominee.
• Participating in In-Service education and training courses as well as in continuing professional development (CPD)
• Maintaining good order and discipline amongst students under one’s care and safeguarding their health and safety at all times
• Participating in staff, group or other meetings related to the curriculum or pastoral care arrangements, for the better organization and administration of the department
• Ensuring the safe custody and optimum use of equipment normally used by oneself during lessons and sees to its regular servicing and maintenance
• Registering and monitoring the attendance of students;
• Sharing in any possible and reasonable way in the effective management, organization, order and discipline of the department
• Nurtures a culture where teachers view themselves essentially as facilitators of learning and reflective practitioners
• Demonstrate expansive subject knowledge.
Qualifications, Knowledge Skills & Experience
• Have a Bachelor Degree (BSc/ BEng) in a recognized technical subject ideally Mechanical Engineering or Science subject from a recognized University/Institute.
• A recognized teaching qualification (post graduate certificate in teaching or similar
• An IELTs score of 6.5 for non-native speakers of English
• A minimum of 3 year industrial experience in the field of NDT.
• Relevant trade qualification such as the ASNT Level III
• Be competent at demonstrating and instructing the trainees in the following NDT methods:
• Visual Inspection
• Dye penetrate
• Magnetic Particle
• Eddy Current
• Acoustic emission
About the Company
Interserve Learning & Employment provides first class skills, education and employment services to help break down barriers to prosperity. Our ever expanding team offers flexible, tailored support to teenagers and adults from all walks of life, including school leavers, employees who seek career development and anyone who, through illness or changing circumstances, has been prevented from completing their journey into work. With our help, tens of thousands of people a year embark on training or jobs, which has a positive impact on wider communities and local economies.