Job description / Role
Our client, a facility management contractor requires an NDT Inspector level III for a large commercial facility project in Jeddah, KSA.
The main purpose of the position is to examine the physical properties of materials and components related to the piping system to detect corrosion, cracks, flaws and other imperfections which could lead to unreliability in product performance or in the worst case, product failure.
Performs related NDT tests on selected piping and their assorted components as per provided work plan and according to API standards. Assist in evaluating the results and ensure proper rectification is applied to avoid future damage.
• Conduct Material Tests using methods can include thermal imaging, resonant testing, dye testing, and magnetic particle testing in order to identify material flaws, such as incomplete welds, corrosion, or gaps that may affect performance or cause safety issues using below techniques;
• Visual Inspection - using lenses, CCTV and fibre optic devices.
• Radiography (RT) Ultrasonic (UT) Testing - to detect discontinuities within the internal structure of welds.
• Eddy Current Testing (ET) - to detect and characterise surface and sub-surface flaws in conductive materials.
• Liquid penetrate (LP) - to detect variations in thickness or density.
• Magnetic Particle (MT) - to detect surface and shallow subsurface discontinuities.
• Dye penetrant inspection (DP) - to check surface-breaking defects.
• Ensure to conducting mentioned inspections as per the relevant American Petroleum Institute standards API570, API510…etc.
• Suitable candidates will have a University or college of engineering or physical science level or similar technical degree with 4 years’ experience as a minimum.
• NDT practical experience in NDT testing applications.
• Certified to ASNT NDT Level III in accordance with NAS-410. Certified to API 570, API 510 as a minimum.
Minimum hours of experience;
• Visual: Training 16 Hrs., On-job 140 hrs.
• Radiography: Training 80 Hrs., On-job 1600 Hrs.
• Ultrasonic: Training 80 Hrs., On-job 1600 Hrs.
• Eddy Current: Training 80 Hrs., On-job 1600 Hrs.
• Liquid penetrate: Training 32 Hrs., On-job 400 Hrs.
• Magnetic Particle: Training 32 Hrs., On-job 530 Hrs.
• Dye ‘Liquid’ penetrant: Training 32 Hrs., On-job 400 Hrs.
• Aware of HSE concerning materials/ liquids properties under testing.
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.