Job description / Role
On behalf of a multinational FMCG client, we are seeking a Network Engineer/Network Administrator for their Riyadh head office.
Under limited supervision, performs network administration & planning for all aspects of IT-network infrastructure - to include network equipment, servers, and software applications. Brings in reliable, durable, and cost-effective solutions for all IT related needs. Work under the direction of the Manager, IT Infrastructure; this position requires excellent technical, customer service, and organizational skills to support network operations for customer connections, administrative personnel, and staff. This position requires the ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and support for Cisco, Juniper, HP, Dell, Nortel, and Extreme network equipment.
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes a network by evaluating network performance issues, including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the networking infrastructure.
- Assist in the configuration and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continuous learning of new devices (i.e. Nexus switches, ASR routers, and long haul optical equipment).
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA's.
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes.
- Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all IT infrastructures.
- Manage & troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity throughout the organization.
- Work closely with the fellow tech team members to provide end-user support and issue resolution.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies.
- Research, evaluate and recommend technologies to support business requirements.
- Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with and support the work of other staff engaged in similar functions
- Attend and actively participate in weekly meetings.
- Coordinate with the rest of the team to meet the team objectives.
- Users' support for Microsoft Product and smart meeting room solutions.
- Provide emergency 24 x 7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Networking CCNP and above, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related work experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Network Administration (Switches, Router, Firewall)
- At least 4 years of experience working with networking equipment specifically, including maintenance and upgrades.
- Significant experience working with Linux and Windows servers and network monitoring tools.
- Strong knowledge of networking, including TCP/IP, Vlans, Ethernet, SONET, switching, routing, and routing protocols (BGP/OSPF), 802.1Q, and DNS.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and apply them as needed
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information.
- Computer Science, Information Technology
About the Company
Future Careers Middle East Free Zone LLC was established as a Recruitment & HR Consultancy to service both Clients and Candidates across the GCC region. An experienced Recruiter with over 20 years demonstrated history working in Human Resources & Recruitment across the Middle East markets. Skilled in Negotiation, HR Consulting, Executive Search, Team Building, and Technical Recruiting. Strong human resources professional.
Our current portfolio consists of blue-chip and multinational clients, private sector, semi-government organizations, and startups.
|Saudi Arabia||17 Dec|
Big Fish Recruitment
RTC-1 Employment Services
Senior IT Manager
Saudi Networkers Services (SNS Group)
Deskside Support Engineer - End User Support
Saudi Networkers Services (SNS Group)