Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our guests and visitors is an integral part of our operations. As a Night Manager, you will effectively assist in managing the Front Office department. You will also be acting as a Manager on Duty with regard to the rest of the hotel. All problems must be attended to and solved using the resources of other Colleagues and Leaders. Delegating where and when required. Follow up is a priority and is expected. Providing supervision and leadership to all Rooms areas.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the hotel after the departure of all day managers
- Ensure security for all guests and their property
- To have a full working knowledge of all areas of the hotel
- Ensure that guests receive a warm and hospitable greetings and farewell
- Handle customer complaints at night and assist with F & B complaints when necessary
- Keep all statistics and information available for the other services.
- Strive to optimize the occupancy rate, the average price per room and the turnover for the hotel and the hotels in the Accor group in accordance with the pricing policy of the hotel.
- Maximise revenue by up-selling and following yield recommendations minimize book outs
- Ensure all night audit functions are carried out smoothly and efficiently.
- Ensure all Front of House public areas are cleaned, creating a professional impression to customers and employees.
- Be aware of all hotel cash & credit procedures, ensure all till readings balance & are paid in.
- Control guests' credit limits, deduction and refunds, bedroom reconciliation, banking and all other night control requirements Complete Night Audit procedures
- Prepare an activity and incident reports every night and prepares a hand-over the next shift team
- Prepare debtors files for the accounts department
- Prepare statistical and accounting reports for the day for all management in the hotel
- Prepare the reservations for early morning check-in rooms
- Lead the department and create a team environment, which promotes good morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the hotel.
- Ensure effective communication with team members by holding regular briefing sessions and meetings.
- Carry out quality training and development in a systematic and professional way in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Carry out any other duties as and when required
- Knowledge of Opera, Word, Excel, Delphi and Windows 2000.
- Minimum of one year previous experience as a Night Manager is preferred.
- English speaker is an advantage.
- Highly organized, career and result oriented with the ability to be flexible with hours, days off, assignment and additional duties.
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be strong team player with proven leadership, development and delegating skills.
- Highest Guest service skills, talent and knowledge with the vision and ability to lead Colleagues to excellence.
- Diploma in Hotel management an asset.
- Previous International experience essential.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.