Job description / Role
Our client, a leading healthcare facility in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, is currently looking for Nurse Manager - Operating Room. In this role, you will Serves as the nursing leader for areas of responsibility. Utilizes both clinical and leadership skills to supervise the nursing staff to ensure that appropriate patient care delivery is provided. Acts as a steward for management and development of nursing practice, nursing retention, recruitment, employee performance evaluation, quality management and improvement for assigned areas.
Your responsibilities would include but not limited to:
• Collaborates with the Chief Nursing Officer, Nurse Directors, and other nursing department leaders in the development of the strategic plan for nursing.
• Coordinates the development of unit and individual staff goals and objectives reflective of corporate and departmental planning.
• Participates in the annual budget development of areas of responsibility to achieve optimal fiscal performance.
• Monitors monthly and year-to-date unit budgetary performance and identifies plans to mitigate financial and operational risks.
• Monitors patient outcomes to ensure appropriate patient care and patient safety.
• Ensures staff has appropriate training and can demonstrate identified skills to provide optimal patient care.
• Fosters the development of effective interdisciplinary teams to enhance coordination of patient care on the nursing units.
• Coordinates the development and implementation of safe patient care guidelines, policies, and procedures based on nursing standards of care, accreditation requirements, and regulatory standards.
• Promotes independence by facilitating patient and family education opportunities that meet patient goals regarding wellness, medical condition, medication management, and self-care.
• Develop and implement a consistent and successful communication model with staff using appropriate tools to enhance employee engagement, fulfilment, and satisfaction
• Collaborate with nursing executive leadership to implement and monitor corporate, departmental, and unit-based process improvement initiatives.
• Manage, guide and assist direct reports to perform their functional operations in accordance with set operational plans, policies and procedures.
• Set performance objectives, provide support, evaluate team members, and provide regular feedback on performance.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and an RN certification or equivalent is required. Master’s degree in related area would be advantageous.
• 8 years of experience in Nursing, with at least 3 years of experience in a Supervisory or management position
• Understand and meet the criteria and standards developed by the Joint Commission International and CBAHI and appropriate standards for a hospital facility.
• Registered Nurse license in country of origin, with the ability to obtain registration with the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.