Job description / Role
Nursing and Midwifery
To apply for a post through Professional Connections at this hospital you should hold a passport from Australia/ Austria/ Belgium/ Czech Republic/Denmark/ France/ Finland/ Germany/ Holland/ Ireland/ Italy/ Latvia/Netherlands New Zealand/ Norway/ Portugal/ Slovakia/ Slovenia/Sweden/ United Kingdom/Spain/ Greece/ Switzerland.
Join the multicultural, multinational team of nurses working for the most prestigious organisation in The Middle East, with facilities in in all major centres of Saudi Arabia. Our client hospital, based in the Capital City of Riyadh, has a 2,000 bed capacity main hospital as well as the largest dedicated Children's Hospital in the Middle East. State-of-the art facilities, including Cardiac and Liver Center and Emergency Care.
The Trauma Center continues to be the best Trauma Care Center in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is ranked as the 4th Emergency Care Center outside the United States of America, to provide (PHTLS) Pre-Hospital Trauma and Life Support program. Ambulatory Care Services and Primary Health Care Services provide Preventive Health Services including health education and behavioral modifications to adopt healthy lifestyles. Surgical and Critical Units include an outstanding Burn Unit, Surgical ICU, Endoscopy Unit, Operating Rooms, and Neuro-Surgical and Surgical Units. Dental, Ambulatory (Outpatient) Care, Long Term Care/ Rehabilitation.
Other adult and pediatric services provided include: Surgical and Medical wards, Oncology. Obstetrics and Gynecology (Labor and Delivery, Oncology, Antenatal and Post Partum wards); Oncology, Neonatal ICU, Operating Rooms, Ambulatory Care Center, Home Health Care Program, VIP Wards, Royal Suite, College of Medicine and Nursing College.
Job Title: Nurse Specialist
Responsible to: Director in Nursing
Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard- Health Affaire and the Division of Nursing Service and in close collaboration with medical and other healthcare team members demonstrates advanced nursing knowledge and applies this knowledge to the assessment, diagnosis, delivery and design of nursing care and interventions for a specific patient population or service specialty. Function under a collaborative management model where Medicine and nursing jointly participate in decisions.
- Demonstrates advanced nursing knowledge and clinical competence in the area of assignment.
- Acts in collaboration with the medical staff, within the remit of the RN license, to provide advanced nursing care, including nurse led clinics.
- Facilitates competence in nursing practice in area of expertise.
- Acts as a consultant and resource person for current evidence*based nursing practice information in area of specialty.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills with patients, their families and all members of the healthcare team.
- Functions as a patient advocate.
- Maintains documentation and record keeping that verifies activities according to department guidelines.
- Maintains correct lines of authority and communication.
- Utilizes material resources and facilitates effectively.
- Maintains confidentially of all records and results.
- Maintains records and reports related to area of assignment.
Education & Research
- Participate in teaching and mentoring of Nursing, Medical and Paramedical students, interns and Residents in area of specialty.
- Participates in research activities and ensures dissemination of relevant research and best practice guidelines.
- Acts as a consultant and resource person within area of expertise.
- Provides evidence- based adult education for nursing services staff, nursing students, Interns and Residents in area of specialty.
- Participates in the evaluation of systems and programmes to maximize patient outcomes and cost effectiveness in area of specialty.
- Makes recommendations for changes based on evidence based practice and best practice guidelines.
- Undertakes clinical audit and contributes to the development of knowledge and practice within the specialty.
- Complies with and participates in Quality improvement processes and activities.
- Complies with hospital infection control and safety protocols.
- Serves as a professional role model,consultant and teacher
- Develops and utilizes professional collegial networking
- Demonstrates respect,compassion and cultural sensitivity to patients/families other hospital employees, students and faculty.
- Advocates for excellence inpatient care and patient rights.
- Demonstrates effective communication and collaboration skills when interacting with patients/families,other health care team members.
- Assumes responsibility for own actions,decisions and behaviors.
- Demonstrates initiative in the performance of duties requiring a minimum amount of supervision or guidance.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
- Generous Tax-Free Salary. Each case individually negotiated.
- Calculated for years of experience and for postgraduate education.
- One-year renewable contract. If you renew for the second year, you will receive one month salary as a recontracting bonus.
- Holidays: 61 days paid leave per year. ( Annual leave and public holidays)
- Return flight to your nearest international airport (Point of Hire) at beginning and end of the contract.
- Midyear ticket to your point of hire.
- Free fully furnished western accommodation.
- Free healthcare.
- Recreation centres at all hospitals free of charge.
- High-speed internet.
- Registered Nurse with current Nursing License-E
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing-E
- Postgraduate qualifications in area of specialty-E
- Masters Degree in Nursing or area of specialty-P
- Minimum of five(5)years current clinical nursing experience including a minimum of two(2) years in the specialty area of assignment-E
- Experience in teaching or counseling an advantage
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.