Job description / Role
Our client, a leading healthcare facility in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, is currently looking for Nursing Supervisor. The Nursing Supervisor ris an experienced clinician, decision-maker and manager and is responsible for clinical quality, staff and patient safety, resource management and the handling of incidents and accidents during their working hours. Nursing Supervisor directs staff, collaborates with the multidisciplinary team and ensures that the needs of patients and families for support and information are met. He/ She is a senior member of the Nurse Leadership team and contributes to the development of nursing strategy, Nursing policies and procedures. The Nursing Supervisor also leads Nursing staff to meet Nursing and hospital quality standards and patient care regulations.
Your responsibilities would include but not limited to:
• Monitor the delivery of patient care across the facility, ensuring that standards are consistent with the company's standards of care and practice.
• Ensure that there is continuity of practice with respect to Nurse-sensitive indicators such as infection control, hand hygiene, falls.
• Assess risks to care within the facility and take appropriate mitigation or rectification action as required.
• Provide practical assistance and support to Nurses and the physician team
• Attend Codes and produce reports including issues requiring further action.
• Work with CNO and Nurse Managers to ensure that there are adequate numbers of qualified staff on a shift basis.
• Produce status and variance reports on a shift basis, identifying issues of concern to CNO and Nurse managers.
• Schedule and assign nurses on a per-shift basis as required to meet patient care and staff safety needs.
• Provide practical support to patients and staff who require emergency assistance for example, repatriation, handling of deceased patients.
• Implement approved Nursing policies, procedures, and controls so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering high quality and cost-effective results.
• Assist in ensuring compliance with all relevant policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment, and legislative compliance
• Supervise, guide and assist Nurses to perform their daily activities in accordance with the policies and procedures.
• Provide clear direction, prioritize tasks, assign and delegate responsibility and monitor the workflow.
• Actively participate in on-the-job training, mentoring and coaching of Nursing staff
• Generate commitment, motivation and enthusiasm to team goals, and guide Nurses through periods of change or uncertainty in identifying and rescuing failing patients.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and an RN certification or equivalent is required
• MSN or Master’s Degree in a health-related specialism would be an advantage.
• 10 years’ experience in Nursing, with at least 4 years’ experience in a management position.
• Experience as a Nursing Supervisor or House Manager preferred.
• Current BLS certification.
• ACLS and or PALS Certification would be advantageous.
• Specialty certification would be an advantage.
• Understand and meet the criteria and standards developed by the Joint Commission International and appropriate standards for a hospital facility.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Director of Nursing (Ambulatory Care)
Charge Nurse - Emergency
Nurse Manager - Operating Room