Job description / Role
• To act as overall focal point for any CU OHS related activities within the project or assigned area of work
• To lead the team of OHS inspectors and / or perform OHS inspections, as needed by the project teams
• To report on the overall OHS trends based on the provided project inspection KPI’s and criteria provided by OHS team.
• To advise improvement areas based on the analysis of the trends.
• To prepare, implement, and modify as required, the Project OHS safety plan based on Group OHS requirements, OHS standards, Local Legal Requirements, Customer OHS requirements and any other such legislation.
• To prepare, implement, and modify as required, the Project Risk Assessment, wherein all project related hazards are identified, adequately controlled and monitored to reduce risk to employees, contractors, members of the public and any others affected by Operations.
• To conduct training & awareness sessions, as required, with personnel & contractors, related to the project or assigned area of work.
• To be the lead advisor on any incident investigation, including conducting effective and pertinent investigation analysis, reporting on incident as per organization’s standards, proposing and following up on determined corrective and preventive actions.
• Perform random audits / inspections to ensure optimal site OHS safety. This may include internal project audits, to suppliers or any other areas of Organization’s operations.
• Perform planned internal audits, as required by OHS team, to ensure compliance to the OHS requirements.
• Capable to compile reports on periodic basis to project management team.
• 8-10 years working experience, out of which min. 4-5 years’ experience in an OHS Officer (or similar) role, preferably in a telecom environment or construction industry,
• Ideally should have technical degree / qualification, e.g. engineering. Additional qualifications / certifications in Occupational Health & Safety is preferred (e.g. First Aid, Fire Fighting, Working at heights, etc.)
• NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) is a must
• Experience in leading a team and / or advising on OHS activities to senior personnel is highly desired;
• Experience in developing OHS management system (e.g. OHS plans, risk assessments, method statements) internally and experience in evaluating and leading Subcontractors OHS practices would be highly desired
• Organizing & delivering HSE trainings and inductions internally and with subcontractors externally, would also be looked at favourably
• The ideal candidate would also have experience dealing with internal / external customers, or at least have demonstrable qualities to put “customer first” e.g. good communication and presentation skills
• Multilingual person is preferred, however excellent command of spoken and written English is required;
• Capable to drive and perform site visits as needed by the project KPI’s;
• Driving license is a must; Able to travel as needed;
• Must be proficient in usage of computers, with knowledge in standard office programs (such as Microsoft Office).
About the Company
Saudi Networkers is one of the largest consultancies providing services to ICT, Oil & Energy, Technology, Engineering, Banking, Finance and Healthcare arena across Middle East & Africa, covered by teams, specialized in their assigned industry sector.
Saudi Networkers founded in 2001 and has excelled ever since in providing cost effective solutions to the biggest multinational companies in MEA region with very high standards of quality whilst adhering business ethics and meeting our clients expectations.
Today, SNS Group is one of the leading consultancies, with more than 1700+ employees worldwide, ISO 9001:2008 certified and is highly regarded.