Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
The role of an Office Manager requires a confident, well organised efficient administrator who is able to work as part of a team and on their own initiative. Your Project Team will depend on you to ensure the efficient running of the Project Office. Your role is to support your team to ensure that they are able to carry out their role.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring all team members are aware of administration processes, to ensure the office runs efficiently and smoothly.
• Managing all office administration/reception staff, driver and logistics and coordinating with PRO.
• Ensuring all staff have completed their ‘Infomace’ staff home page and these are updated when necessary, including the skills matrix.
• Handling all telephone calls/messages in a timely and professional manner, action as necessary.
• Managing petty cash and reconciliations for accounts department and recovery.
• Ensuring the office is staffed with qualified first aiders and fire wardens and keep first aid kit is up to date.
• Ensuring appraisal meetings for new employees with their line managers are arranged and that the new starter probation process is followed.
• Dealing with any administration HR together with other administrators, office managers and PAs within the business.
• Updating BMS with CRM details as well as ‘leads’ and ‘pipeline’ information.
• Arranging client-related corporate events as required.
• Arranging Mace team social, family and sporting events.
• Liaising with accounts to authorise invoices for payment.
• Maintaining asset register for project office.
• Performing any other office-related activities that will be duly informed by the country director.
• Carrying out project inductions with all new members of staff, ensuring they are equipped with everything they need and introduced to all team members.
• Assisting the project director with project co-ordination for new starters, which would involve organising desk, mobile phone, security pass, IT equipment, IT account, BIW account, and IT equipment for new staff.
• Taking copies of, check and certify all necessary documentation and send to the HR department.
• Managing the logistics required for new starters, their families and all incoming staff (FIFO), including onboarding inductions, flights, accommodation, transportation and assistance with schooling.
• Keeping log of Mace team personal details, chase members of the team who do not hold ID cards and organising the Iqama tests.
• Managing log of all Iqamas, business visas, exit/re-entry visas and expiry dates and ensure timely renewal.
• Arranging accounting facilities with suppliers i.e. couriers, caterers, stationery, PPE, signage and any other third party suppliers as necessary.
• Ordering PPE and signage from Mace supplier, when requested to do so by Mace team and ensure a log of all orders is maintained to cross-reference with invoices.
• Booking couriers as requested using Mace supplier, after arranging a contract for KSA, ensuring a log of all jobs is kept for cross-referencing with invoices.
• Purchasing and maintaining the stationery and refreshment supplies in the office.
• Ordering business cards for Mace team and new starters.
• Performing diary management for KSA senior leadership team.
• Ensuring the KSA senior leadership team have all documentation required for forthcoming meetings.
• Arranging access to all team members’ diaries and monitor movements.
• Booking meeting rooms for all meetings and arrange refreshments, lunches for clients and external guest.
• Attending and taking minutes of the weekly Mace KSA leadership team meeting and distribute via email.
• Sending weekly meeting schedule to Mace project teams for their information.
• Supporting in the set-up project office and arranging IT equipment and furniture.
• Setting-up project email addresses and Outlook mailboxes for the project.
• Dealing with any IT issues for internal project teams and order all IT equipment as requested.
• Booking travel with FCM travel - as requested by team, ensure approval is sought with project director/project manager and commercial director.
• Maintaining holiday and absence record for Mace team, as well as days off in lieu of weekend working. Ensuring all aforementioned records are in project director/project manager diary and the project calendar. Making certain Mace team holidays do not clash.
• Producing and processing all correspondence or communications, ensuring all correspondence is saved using the correct naming protocol and logged in the correspondence database.
• Saving electronic copies of signed letters to the project folder held electronically on ‘R Drive’.
• Creating and maintaining the master documents in electronic and hard copy filing systems including staff files.
• Distributing via hard copy and Conject if necessary and retain originals in hard copy files.
• Producing and maintaining administration templates and make available to the project team.
• Producing and binding presentation documents as required.
• Arranging all aspects of project office close down at the end of the project (archiving).
• Minimum 8 years of solid experience in a senior administration capacity in a multi-national corporate setting.
• Familiarity with Saudi labour law and regulations.
• Proficiency on Microsoft Office package i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other web-based applications and software, ideally including Oracle Cloud.
• Good communication skills. Native in English, Arabic as a mother tongue, any other language is beneficial.
• Excellent research, problem-solving, numeracy and quantitative analytical skills.
• Strong organisational, project management and multitasking skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills who is able to collaborate and delegate.
• Strong bookkeeping, filling, scheduling and administration skills.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
• Full tax-free salary package that includes basic salary, accommodation and transport allowance.
• Full international private medical cover.
• Volunteering day.
• End of service.
• Other benefits as per the Saudi Labour Law.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||10 Jul|
Office Manager to Chairman - Native Arabic Speaking
|Saudi Arabia||1 Mar|
|Saudi Arabia||27 Mar|
HR and Recruitment Manager - Leading Group
British Company with an Expanding Office in Dubai