Offshore Structural Engineer
Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
As Offshore Structural Engineer you will initiate and oversee specific design tasks performed by engineers relating to offshore structural engineering analysis and design of topsides and associated substructures.
- Supervision of structural engineers.
- Technical competence of structural personnel.
- Forecast requirement for structural engineering resources, and allocate those resources.
- Structural design integrity of work scope and maintenance of standards.
- Identify structural software necessary to enable structural group to function effectively.
- Interdisciplinary communication development.
- Structural group communication development.
- Manage structural discipline man hour estimates to perform project tasks.
- Check compliance with Alliance QA/safety/environment goals.
- Manage structural engineering design and any design changes within budget and schedule.
- Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives.
- Promote career development within the group.
- Technical supervision of project designated structural designers and draftsmen in the execution of their duties.
- Review weekly structural progress and expenditure reports on a project specific basis.
- Benchmark structural design/drafting to identify areas of improvements.
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the Project.
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the Project. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Applicants require experience in working in a structural engineering team within a large multi discipline project team.
- The role mandates previous experience in minimum facility platform design and including both substructure, topsides and bridges.
- A comprehensive understanding of structural analysis in the areas of dynamic loading and resistance, collapse analysis, spectral fatigue analysis, fire and explosion design, reliability based analysis, dropped object etc. is essential.
- A minimum of 3 years of SACS suite of software experience is essential.
- A Bachelor of Engineering (Civil/Structural)
- 3 years experience, 1 of which has been in conceptual studies, FEED and detailed design of substructure, deck and bridges.
- 3 years Oil and Gas Industry experience.
Our goal is to develop and most importantly retain the people who share our vision and strategy. To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.