Oil Facilities Planning Engineer
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Facilities Planning Department is responsible for the development and coordination of the capital program throughout the Company.
The Oil Facilities Planning Division (OFPD) comprises Oil Production & Processing Group, Upstream Group, and Master Plans & Major Studies Group. OFPDs responsibilities include planning and coordinating all crude oil capital projects development in support of hydrocarbon exploration and production. This involves analyzing the business case for and developing and optimizing new hydrocarbon processing facilities; leading studies to providing engineering technical solutions and enhancing oil facilities optimization as oil fields mature into secondary and tertiary recovery phases; and conducting studies to keep pace with the best industry practice.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct studies to confirm the scoping requirements and justification for major additions/upgrade to existing oil field crude processing, water injection, and stabilization plants.
- Perform evaluations of oil field facility configurations required for new field developments.
- Determine facility requirements for alternative methods of artificial lift.
- Perform economic evaluations of alternative oil processing and water injection facility configurations.
- Prepare scoping papers to define capital projects covering new oil processing and water injection facilities.
- Interface with operating organizations, engineering specialists, project management and Strategy & Market Analysis.
- Present the findings of major evaluations to executive management.
- Advise executive management and operating organizations about the business case for proposed projects.
- Mentor young planning engineers to be Facilities Planning Specialists.
- Bachelor's. degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering. Advanced degree is highly preferred
- 12 years of experience preferably in the upstream oil industry
- Experience in performing techno-economic evaluations, feasibility studies and preparing requests for budgetary approvals.
- Experience in process/system simulations.
- Experience in circular carbon economy deployment strategy
- Excellent written and oral technical presentation skills.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.