Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking Senior Engineers with extensive experience of Oil Reservoir Management. Saudi Aramco offers the opportunity to develop and manage world-class fields, reservoirs and reserves.
We are looking for expert professionals to join us at our state-of-the-art Exploration and Petroleum Engineering Center in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, to manage some of the world's largest onshore and offshore oil fields. Our petroleum engineers conduct pioneering research, introduce new technologies and provide specialized engineering services as part of our customized reservoir management practices.
This senior technical role provides expert advice and guidance on all aspects of oil reservoir management, including designing, participating in and implementing best-in-class reservoir management programs.
This position is embedded within the Petroleum Engineering business and as a senior technical specialist, will engage with leaders and experts from across the upstream business.
You are expected to be able to do the following:
- Provide guidance and oversight on best-in-class reservoir management tenets, practices and state-of-the art- technologies for all Saudi Aramco hydrocarbon assets
- Formulate reservoir development, data acquisition, strategic surveillance and monitoring master-plans to ensure optimal development and depletion strategies
- Utilize reservoir management standards and guidelines to enhance both NPV and hydrocarbon recovery
- Lead, design and participate in integrated field reviews and field development plans
- Preparing reservoir engineering input into drilling and work-over proposals and programs
- Recommend advanced completion techniques for horizontal and multi-lateral wells
- Lead and participate in reservoir engineering studies that include reservoir stimulation modeling of various IOR processes for improvement of ultimate recovery
- Participate in technical societies and technical groups
- Train and mentor young engineers
- As a successful candidate you should hold a Bachelor degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline. Master's degree or PhD is desirable, but not required
- A minimum of 10 years related experience including at least 7 years specializing in oil reservoir management. A training history of appropriate specialized courses and seminars is expected. Technical publications are valued but in-depth practical experience is paramount
- You must have full professional proficiency in English required to interact and communicate clearly with specialists in geology, core and fluid analysis, petrophysics, simulation, drilling, completion, production and facilities
- You must have working knowledge of open-hole and cased-hole logs, geological modeling, simulation, completion and production procedures and technologies
- Technical knowledge and expertise are required in formation evaluation, geological modeling, simulation, reservoir appraisal and field development planning, completion, production/injection procedures-strategy-technologies, water flooding, reservoir surveillance, SCAL, PVT, geochemical analysis, and fluid's compatibility. Additionally, expertise in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and data analytics are desirable but not required
- You must have history of using modern reservoir management practices for oil reservoirs.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.