Olefins Technology Specialist
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Saudi Aramco, a global leader in the energy industry, is seeking experienced professionals to join our growing P&CSD Business Organization. We have an immediate requirement for an experienced Olefins Technology Specialist. Candidate must have strong technical capabilities and extensive experience with the Steam Cracking (Pyrolysis) operations and technologies. Candidates must have good communication skills and be comfortable working both independently and with cross-departmental teams
Duties & Responsibilities
Candidate will maintain and develop the company' Olefins technologies; provide technical support to the company's chemical operations; provide support to new projects development and evaluation; and benchmark the company's olefins operation and assets. The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide technical support for capital projects involving Steam Cracking units at various stages of execution (pre-feasibility, feasibility, basic and detailed engineering).
- Maintain and enhance best practices in olefins facilities design and operation.
- Utilize simulation and modeling (energy and material balances, utilities and catalysts requirement, effluents and specifications, etc.) of Steam Cracking units.
- Participate in evaluate process of economics of olefins projects.
- Be closely familiar with different Steam Cracking technologies (Gas vs. Liquid cracking) and major licensors (Lummus, Technip, KBR, Linde). Assess new and emerging olefins technologies.
- Provide troubleshooting and problem-solving services and develop technically innovative process solutions with appropriate risk consideration.
- Utilize knowledge of the major safety risks associated with Steam Cracking for HAZOP and LOPA studies of the new and operating units.
- Develop and actively participate in a knowledge sharing network.
- Act as a professional mentor to developing specialists and engineers.
- The successful candidate will have the following experience and competencies:
- Bachelor in Chemical Engineering or a closely related engineering discipline; a MS is a plus.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in petrochemical industry with minimum of seven years in Steam Cracking (pyrolysis) operations, technical support and polyolefins technology management.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and networking skills.
- A demonstrated ability to interface effectively with internal engineering, R&D and technical service groups.
- Flexibility to travel both domestically and internationally.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.