Job description / Role
- Manage erection crew for the mechanical sub assembly of the GIS & AIS ss
- Verifying the state of the equipment prior to assembly or after disassembly
Preparing the SF6 gas compartments:
- Inspections before and during sub-assembly including electrical contact resistance measurement and gas tightness of the assemblies after assembly
- Able to work in coordination with other team members, organise and train new comers
- All type of electrical testing related to GIS/ AIS equipment, prepare reports
- Control the Sub-Assembly of GIS or GIB Equipment of High voltage substation
- He will mainly liaise with the GIS & AIS Erection Supervisor,
- Maintain GIS installation as per targets schedules lead foreman and the erection crew.
- Suggest if require Remedial Measures
- Review reports along-with client and defend the conclusions made in the reports for the condition of equipment's. Review reports and analyse the abnormal cases.
- Able to read all electrical drawings & mark-up drawing for as build.
- Electrical Engineering, BS-Tech/BEE/DOE is preferable with extensive Field experience
- Proficiency in English & Arabic
- Methodical approach and good organization skills.
- Knowledge in EHS rules pertaining to High Voltage equipment.
- Effective communication skills, disciplined, knowledge in English, good reporting skills (all work documentations. Knowledge in Arabic will be an added advantage.
- Make sure all measurements performed as per customer standard/ Method Statement
- Lead Erections & commissioning prepare testing & site reports
- In case of abnormalities in results, prepare urgent reports to Alert end users
- Lead/ coordinate & support to all site teams & subcontractors.
- Ensure calibration of tools/test equipment
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.