Job description / Role
- Our client provides Supply Chain Solutions. They have been in the market for over 60 years. They are currently looking to recruit an Operational /Asset Manager for their office in Jeddah
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, directing and controlling financial, human resources, technological developments and administrative functions towards the single goal of managing the company’s pooling assets to enhance productivity while maximising value to the customer and the company profitability.
- Develop the strategic vision for the recovery and protection of the company assets that increases the number of the company assets collected while at the same time lowering the unit cost of recovery to the company.
- Assume full responsibility for the successful execution of the regions Asset Recovery and Asset Protection strategy in accordance with agreed timeframes.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of Hire Stock Audits in a manner that facilitates improved Asset Recoveries and reduces losses
- Lead investigations with Legal and Asset Protection Manager on issues of theft and re-sale of the company assets on the black market.
- Building a network of pallet dealers/recyclers across the region
- Implementing effective solutions and value proposition for recycler
- Accountable for effectively and efficiently managing the company assets, ensuring that we maximise value to the customer and maximise the company Profitability.
- Form an integral part of the asset planning committee to ensure that assets are only procured when required and that all assets are utilised to maximise asset productivity.
- Establish a performance measurement system to evaluate the effective utilisation of assets
- Responsible for Asset Management related IT Control Systems and compliance therewith.
- Continuously review systems and processes, identifying efficiencies and streamlining service delivery to reduce non value add activities while aligning resources to the asset management strategic vision.
- To institute proper management and control of the company assets by monitoring results of physical counts and audits of stock levels of the company products at customers through Hire Stock Audits.
- To provide both office-based and on-site support to customers to ensure that the integrity of the pooling control system is improved, customer queries and control issues are dealt with quickly and effectively and the perception of value for money and customer care is entrenched in the minds of our customers.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of related experience within Supply Chain, Planning, Logistics, Sales and/or Customer Service
- Staff management experience
- 5 years’ experience in a similar job
- Fluency in Arabic & English
- The nature of the job involves industrial area visits to KSA
- Candidate should be based in Saudi with transferable Iqama
- Preference will be given to Saudi Nationals
- Strong influencing skills
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering