Job description / Role
Lead the Operational Excellence unit to ensure streamlined operations and drive its continuous improvement.
STRATEGIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in translating Warehousing strategic objectives and policies into medium and short-term plans.
• Manage the Operational Excellence unit performance and prepare reports to share with direct managers where required.
• Recommend plans, programs and initiatives to improve unit performance and level of productivity.
• Implement set procedures and work programs as well as execute agreed plans, programs and initiatives to improve unit performance and level of productivity.
OPERATIONAL ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and maintain business operations processes, and drive continuous improvement initiatives in coordination with relevant departments.
• Assist in establishing effective and efficient systems that enhance Warehousing competitive advantages, quality, customer satisfaction, and overall operational excellence.
• Conduct operational performance reviews to highlight areas of strength and areas for improvement based on analysis of key business operations results.
• Provide assistance to Warehousing operations in planning and development of operational plans.
• Lead the development and execution of operational improvement initiatives and programs and the adoption of international standards of quality in coordination with relevant departments.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of operational improvement initiatives and activities, and recommend corrective actions where needed.
• Develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the Operational Excellence unit.
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Management or a related field.
• Master of Business Administration (MBA) is preferential.
• Certified Six Sigma Black Belt and Lean Expert.
• 8 years of relevant experience.
• Previous experience in managing a team.
About the Company
Human Capital House was set up in the year 2013 with a vision to be a progressive talent acquisition partner for organizations within the local and regional market in the Middle East.
As international markets get ever demanding, corporations globally are presented with the challenges of attracting the right talent. Human capital retention and recruitment remain a critical factor to the success of any company. Strategic decision to recruit the right talent is a key issue to organization as wrong candidate selection can potentially be disastrous to their efficiency.
The critical aspect of choosing the right individual with the apt experience and knowledge becomes more crucial as he/she would need to share the ambitions of the employer, while fitting in to the new culture. Human Capital House has both the experience and expertise to help its clients make the right choice of selection. From understanding client requirements, through identifying and assessing the candidates, our systematic approach strives to ensure successful executive recruitment.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
General Manager - Freight
Middle East Executive