Job description / Role
• Attendance on relevant training programs and certifications covering the area of OT/ICS Systems & Infrastructure, PMP and ITIL.
• Experience of technical evaluation of OT/ICS systems.
• Project management experience
• Understanding of and ability to maintain availability of OT/ICS systems and confidentiality for all company information.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment to resolve issues and meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues as well as vendors and suppliers.
• Poses excellent problem-solving skills.
• Understands OT/ICS industry standard, safety practices and procedures for electrical/electronic equipment and hazardous material exposure.
• Working knowledge of OT/ICS computer systems (servers & workstations), peripherals, and communications equipment.
• Working knowledge of OT/ICS computer networking, communication systems and cabling infrastructure.
• Preparation and assurance of necessary standards, procedures and guidelines.
• Understands risk management process and analysis.
• University degree or college diploma in Process engineering, computing or information technology or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• 15-20 Years of experience in an industrial controls environment (power plants/energy, manufacturing, utility, or equivalent) with working knowledge of SCADA/DCS systems from major manufacturer such as (ABB, Schneider or Yokogawa)
• 5 years’ supervisory/management experience involving teams of technical professionals.
About the Company
MECS Africa is a service-oriented business that focuses exclusively on manpower management, offering an effective, relevant human resources (HR) solution to a diverse client base. With more than 33 years experience in recruitment and project support across Africa, we have the knowledge and expertise to fully address the demands of manpower management in the mining, engineering, construction, offshore oil and gas, petrochemical, power generation and agricultural sectors.
Well assist clients in a way that strengthens both their permanent HR structures and project-based staffing requirements. This enhances business performance through the support and management of an atypical workforce and the provision of global best practice recruitment services.