Job description / Role
Are you building your tomorrow, today? Then think about a career with our Operational Transaction Services (OTS) team. We have a market-leading proposition to create and maximize value for our clients, whether they are acquiring or divesting assets, or undertaking operational restructuring.
We are looking for high caliber individuals to join our team in Riyadh at an Executive/Senior level. We assist clients identify, capture and protect value in their transactions. We work on the most complex and high profile global transactions, across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors. We are a group of experienced industry professionals with a background in operations who are serial transaction advisers, which enables us to bring a wealth of deep sector and functional knowledge to our clients. As a team, we prepare and execute separation and integration plans, identify ideas and sources of value enhancement, as well as advise on risk mitigation and the successful change of operations, functions and people.
Your key responsibilities
As an Executive in OTS you will be a vital member of the team working on client engagements executing Operational Transaction Services which support key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for transactions. You will be leading and/or contributing to pre deal (e.g. operational and carve-out planning), post-deal (e.g. integration planning, tracking) and separation engagements across various sectors. This includes assessing the client's state of readiness with respect to people, resources, planning, data collection and strategy, while identifying high-risk areas, unidentified issues and areas for overall improvement.
Part of your role will also involve assisting in aspects of business origination, including pitches and presentations, and working in project teams comprising other colleagues from Transaction Advisory Services, such as operational and financial due diligence. Having a commercial mind-set is key to this consulting based role.
Skills and attributes for success
- Consulting skills: can demonstrate the skills and experience required to operate in a client-facing role within a professional services firm
- Change management: understands key principles of project and programme management and has some experience of managing change
- Financial analysis: able to apply sound financial analysis and a rigorous approach to quantify the impact of operational issues
- Commercial acumen: able to quickly understand the key value drivers in a business and how these impact the scope and approach of an assignment
- Building Relationships - Strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers
- Learning - Learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong academic record, including a bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance and 2-4 years of related working experience
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights
- Experience in business integrations, divestitures, and/or carve-outs with a demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- The ability to thrive in complex business environments and make detailed assessments of technology, operations or manufacturing infrastructure.
- The ability to synthesize approaches to complex integration/divestiture conflicts.
- The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally
- Flexibility to travel up to 80% on short notice
Ideally, you'll also have
- Relevant management consulting experience
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry
- MBA from a reputable business school/university
What we look for
We're interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients' goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career within a dedicated financial due diligence practice in a Big 4 firm
- A clear unified strategic focus across the team, with emphasis on taking an entrepreneurial approach to work
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging colleagues in the industry
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region