This position is closed or expired.
See other Operations Manager jobs in Saudi Arabia
Operations Manager – Fiberglass
First Resort Global Recruitment
Jubail, Saudi Arabia
+ NEW VACANCY +
Tax Free Saudi Arabia
INDIANS VERY WELCOME TO APPLY
Our client is a leading group of companies specialising in the industrial and manufacturing industries. They have a strong and expanding reputation within the Fibreglass production, maintenance and post processing area.
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to lead the production in Jubail, Saudi Arabia. Open to all nationalities
Reports to: Plant/ Technical Director > CEO
Direct Reports: 4
Indirect Reports: 411
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Operations Manager is directly responsible for overseeing the duties of fibreglass production, including maintenance, raw materials and mixing, melting, fiberforming, winding, drying and post-processing. These include the mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation operations; the operation fabrication areas CSM, assembled roving, direct roving, woven roving, and chopped strands; and the batch plant, furnace, sizing, alloy, forming, winding, and cake drying functions and all other production areas.
The Operations Manager will plan, carryout, and coordinate the daily operational activities, so as to maintain and develop agreed organisational performance plans within agreed budgets
The Operations Manager oversees the functional departments within the plant including:
• Hot End: Batching, glass melting, alloy, forming, sizing, winding, and drying.
• Cold End: Fabrication areas – chopped strand mat, assembled roving, direct roving, chopped strands, and woven roving.
• He maintains coordination and facilitates effective and efficient synergies between the various departments, functions, and manpower within the plant
• He oversees and controls the functional operations within the plant, ensuring high quality of, products, processes, continuous improvement, and HSE initiatives
• The Operations Manager is directly responsible for planning in regards to the inventory, production processes, staffing, training, budget planning, and quality and HSE management involved with the manufacturing and production process.
Management and Supervision
• Implement policies, procedures for assigned operating unit within the frame work of company policy
• Overseeing and coordinating between Maintenance, Hot End (melting and fiber production), and Cold End (post processing) functional areas of the plant
• Facilitate coordination of processes and between staff of differing operational departments
• Maintaining proper employment levels through selecting, interviewing and training of personnel
Planning and Control
• Plan, staff, and supervise all assigned work unit activities through subordinate managers to ensure a cohesive operational unit
• Planning, directing, and coordinating the manufacturing of products in compliance with company goals and objectives
• Maintaining and overseeing cost control, inventories, and budget requirements related to Maintenance, Hot End, and Cold End
• Developing and motivating the cost effective alternatives and improvements to production process
• Liaison with the product line managers on planning and predicting customer orders to satisfy shipments
• Maximizing the efficiency of production lines and ensuring the effective employment utilization
• Planning the Bushing replacement schedules and Furnace operational preventive measures and repairs
• Implementation of ISO systems
Quality and HSE Management
• Ensuring quality in performance of operational staff as well as product quality control
• Ensuring the implementation and maintaining of plant HSE Management systems
• Establishing and controlling conditions of production in order to satisfy customer and quality specifications
• Maintaining employee safety and morale by creating safe working and efficient working environment
• Ensure and facilitate smooth functioning of continuous improvement in all areas including technological processes and HSE initiatives
• Participating actively in standardization, cost reduction and finding out ERP system protocols
• Coordinate between operational departments and Supply Chain and Systems department to ensure efficient and effective production and materials planning
• Managing the purchasing, stock control, distribution, production scheduling tasks for multiple furnaces
• B.E. / B.Sc. Engineering Degree
• MBA very welcome
• At least 20 Years of experience in the Fiberglass Manufacturing Industry
• Hands on experience in all the manufacturing operations (Hot End, Cold End and Engineering) of fiberglass reinforcements products
• Implementation of EHS Management systems (ISO 14000 & OHSAS 18000)
• Implementation of management tools (5 S, KANBAN, KEIZEN, JIT and SMED)
• Overall Plant Management
• Project Engineering
• Lean Management Environment
• Health and Safety Management Systems
• Production Planning & Scheduling, Process Control, Inventory Control, Manpower Planning & Training
• Operation of batching operation, direct fired furnace, bushings and finished goods products
• Project Engineering - planning, scheduling, and execution of tank furnace
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• This should be used as a guide only and will depend on the experience levels of the candidate and interview performance
• Up to 15k SAR – 28k SAR per month/ $50k – 90k USD per annum total package
• This package includes housing and transportation allowances
In addition, other benefits include:
• Health insurance for the employee and family (number of dependants varies, usually 2)
• Round trip ticket every year for the employee and eligible dependants to his point of origin
• 30 paid vacation days per year
About the Company
First Resort Global Recruitment delivers Management & Executive Level recruitment & headhunting to selected companies across the Middle East.
First Resort Global Recruitment combines Arabic and Western Recruiters and Business experts from around the world. Our team travel extensively throughout the Middle East making us very well connected to the very best candidates currently based in the region. In addition, everyone employed by First Resort has lived and worked in various locations internationally so we can offer first hand advice to our candidates about relocating if our clients require global experts. This means we always know how to find the highest calibre of candidates that match our clients needs; whatever the nationality, wherever the location and whatever expertise the specific role and company requires.
The result is a complementary vision to consistently fulfill the requirements for our selected clients across the Middle East.
First Resort Global Recruitment work across every industry sector at Management level and above including: - Automotive, Transport and Heavy Construction Equipment - Retail, Fashion, Supermarkets, Furniture, Luxury Jewelry and Wholesale - FMCG, Manufacturing, Food and Beverage - Hospitality, Food Services, Restaurants and Luxury Resorts - Property Development and Real Estate - Insurance, Finance, Banking, Financial Services, Audit & Consulting Firms - Media, Marketing, Music Industry & Entertainment - Medical, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and Hospitals and more...
In addition to the above industries, we also have the First Resort Technical Recruitment division. This specialist division is run by technical industry experts with over 20 years of Recruitment experience purely focused within this sector to best serve our clients need within Permanent & Contract roles in: - Oil & Gas, Petroleum, Energy, Power, Utilities, Water & Wastewater, EPC, Renewables - Construction & Engineering - Industrial, Mass Production, Heavy Construction Equipment - Logistics, Supply Chain, Marine Shipping, Haulage, Freight and Transportation