Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will be the mission critical leader in the city, working closely with the GM Operations Directors to guarantee supply and leverage deep analytical insights to deliver high impact results. [What's more, you are on a clear path to graduate to GM someday!]
- Analytics and data drive everything we do: transportation, strategy, decisions and people. We have two networks we are trying to build: users and captains.
- In the Careem world, you will own supply of Captains in your city. You will focus on building the largest fleet, getting the most out of it and ensuring the quality of the users experience.
- Your world will be incredibly diverse: you will design innovative processes to onboard Captains, manage utilization, ensure Captain satisfaction and lead from the front on this exciting growth journey to build the fastest growing company in the region
- More specifically, at this role you will focus on optimizing the hours put in by existing captains as well as streamlining the addition of new captains (from registration, training, all the way to their first ride)
WHAT YOU NEED
- Passion for Analytics : great analytical thinker with deep data analysis to help design solutions and optimize fleet utilization.
- Hunger to get things done : Super strong project management skills, with a focus on proactively finding practical solutions to problems
- Leader: need to be that person who can take the first step, inspire a room full of people to surpass themselves, and build a loyal community
- Strong Work Ethic : Careemers work incredibly hard and we love doing it.
- People Skills : need to be able to build and maintain relationships with a diverse group of people. Selling ideas and beliefs is what will make you successful.
- Entrepreneurship: always thinking about your business and owning it! Taking our Careem model and continuously improving it in your city.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive overall compensation package with exciting equity opportunities
- A rare chance to be a part of a game changing industry and experience the opportunity to help steer the direction of the Careem story!
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.