Job description / Role
PayFort is an Amazon company a leading Payment Service Provider in MENA region with operations spanning across 8 countries and technically integrated with 14 acquirers and 18 issuers, offering online payment services to more than 3000 merchants.
Program Managers at PayFort lead projects for cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a new feature, service, product, or system. They gather business requirements, document functional and design specifications, identify appropriate resources needed, assemble the right project team, assign individual responsibilities, develop the milestones and launch schedule to ensure timely and successful delivery of the project. Program Managers contribute cross-functional business and technical skills, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints. They rely heavily on influence over authority to drive project deliverables.
PayFort team is building a robust execution and management process for driving the best payment experience on & off Amazon. While we are working towards launching innovative ways to pay and in the most frictionless manner, we understand Payments to customers & sellers is a key enabler in building Trust. Refunds to customers and disbursements to sellers from a payment perspective is a conjoined effort and should be read together in the program definition.
Working in a dynamic environment, you will be responsible for making sure the experience for our customer and sellers is seamless. Your key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Delivers medium to large scale projects from initiation through delivery.
· Writes effective functional specifications based on business requirements.
· Identifies key milestones. Documents and manages project schedule with input from program/project team.
· Set up & manage metrics for processes such as Refunds, Disbursements etc. for all payment methods (Success Rate, SLA etc.)
· Recommend business actions based on analytical findings. Includes defining new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve the metrics.
· Understand how the payments systems work from the core, to the design & capabilities.
· Work with multiple teams like Tech, Product and Business to sort out existing issues and help build long term solutions.
· Work on Customer escalations. Identify issues and fix them. Use Amazon’s tools to problem solve and validate solutions.
· Work with internal & external Partners (Banks, Processors, network & Acquirers) as part of process and make sure the experience is seamless.
· Lead programs to drive automation of manual efforts throughout the end to end business process.
· Create SOPs for various payment processes like Transaction failures management, refund, disbursements recon and help Operations team to make right decisions.
· Identify & fix experience gaps like resolving controllable failure reasons through the eco-system.
· Drive self-service for initiatives such as seller Support, Customer Service for refunds, disbursements related contacts.
· Analyze trends at industry level and other relevant data and come up with opportunities to improve the experience with effective and innovative solutions.
The successful candidate will
· Demonstrate intense Customer/Seller focus and highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
· Be sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Thoroughly thinks through problems to come up with solutions.
· Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
· Takes initiative. Doesn't wait to be asked. Plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis.
· Strong team player, acts like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards.
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Superior verbal and written communications skills; particularly, the ability to deliver analysis in a clear and actionable format. Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders.
· Experience in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with external customer interaction.
· Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business “by the numbers”. Must be metrics-driven.
· Track record of managing metrics and improving performance with clients
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills (including proficiency with tools such as Excel and Access) and an ability to use data to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
· Proficient knowledge in working on SQL is a plus.
· A bachelor's degree at a well-regarded institution in an analytical field (e.g. Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Finance)
· 4 to 5 years of work experience analyzing data with strong statistical, quantitative modeling & Program Management skills.
· B.E /B.Tech/MCA
· Proficiency in SQL & VBA
· An ability to think quantitatively and qualitatively about operating processes and outcomes
· Proven experience in identifying opportunities for business improvement, and defining and measuring the success of those initiatives.
· Experience with Payments team would be an added advantage.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Strong problem solving, initiative and follow-through skills.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.