Job description / Role
Our client, a leading healthcare facility in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, is currently looking for Ophthalmic Technician. In this role, you will assist the Ophthalmologists in caring for the eyes of patients and to gather medical history information, administer diagnostic tests, and provide test results to physicians in order to meet quality standards within patient care regulations and methods.
Your responsibilities would include but not limited to:
• Ensure regular cleaning of optical instruments used during diagnostic testing and procedures
• Perform quality and safety control for ophthalmic procedures and equipment.
• Document systems failures and variances in the appropriate logbook and arrange for service when necessary
• Maintain procedure and exam rooms, replenishing supplies and equipment as needed
• Assist Ophthalmologist during diagnostic and minor surgical procedures, including instrumentation, sterile preparations, and documentation
• Assist in or perform a variety of routine tests using ophthalmic instruments, administering topical medications as needed
• Assist in maintaining optical equipment and medical supply inventory, completing, and placing supply requisitions to ensure supply of necessary materials
• Charge ophthalmic procedures and supplies used to the patient record
• Maintain accurate patient records and results for all procedures performed, respecting patient confidentiality and adhering to all standards.
• Ensure testing results are properly recorded and communicated to physicians
• Review each result for technical accuracy then present completed patient information and examination to the physician for diagnostic interpretation
• Follow all relevant Ophthalmology policies, procedures, and controls so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
• Participate in the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices considering leading practices, improvement of business processes, cost reduction, and productivity improvement.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• High School Diploma and 1-year certificate or diploma in Ophthalmology is required
• 1 -3 years of experience in Ophthalmology, a hospital setting preferred
• Understand and meet the criteria and standards developed by the Joint Commission International and appropriate standards for a hospital facility
• General knowledge of ocular diseases and systematic diseases affecting the eye
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.