This position is closed or expired.
See other Healthcare jobs
It was Dr. Stanley Pearle, an Optometrist in Savannah, Georgia, USA who laid the basis for the Pearle chain of opticians in 1961. In that year he opened his first optician business, which stood out for its striking and distinctive shop display. In contrast to the usual practice, he didn't hide his spectacles away in a drawer under the counter, but displayed them so that every customer could see his entire product range: a form of display that is still the same for opticians today, 40 years later.
The Pearle chain of Opticians in Europe has more than 1000 branches including the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Italy, Finland and Estonia.
In the Middle East, Pearle branches are located in Kuwait, KSA and UAE.
Pearle aim is to provide optimum customer friendliness and a very high standard of service. Pearle is the only chain of Opticians with its own production facility for prescription lenses.
* Conduct eye examinations, contact lens assessments and aftercare.
* Establish customer's visual requirements whilst maintaining continuous focus on customer care and customer service.
* To assist in all store and individual training requirements.
* Responsible for any clinical duties such as initail exam, visual field screeningÂ and contact lens wear and care.
* Conduct eye exams and optical health checks with maximum efficiency.
* Explains all examination procedures to customers in a clear and understanding manner.
* Recommends all available products and service in order to achieve a fully informed customer.
* Maintain the highest standards of presentation in all optometry areas.
Skills & Experience:
* Should be a degree holder in Optometry.
* Should possess a valid license to practice Optometry.
* 2 years ofÂ minimum work experience working as an Optometrist.
* Demonstrates utmost flexibility with respect to unscheduled eye appointments.
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 75 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,400 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment. Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 47,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments. Learn more about the company at www.alshaya.com or on Facebook.