Job description / Role
It was Dr. Stanley Pearle, an Optometrist in Savannah, Georgia, USA who laid the basis for the Pearle chain of opticians in 1961. In that year he opened his first optician business, which stood out for its striking and distinctive shop display. In contrast to the usual practice, he didn't hide his spectacles away in a drawer under the counter, but displayed them so that every customer could see his entire product range: a form of display that is still the same for opticians today, 40 years later.
The Pearle chain of Opticians in Europe has more than 1000 branches including the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Italy, Finland and Estonia.
In the Middle East, Pearle branches are located in Kuwait, KSA and UAE.
Pearle aim is to provide optimum customer friendliness and a very high standard of service. Pearle is the only chain of Opticians with its own production facility for prescription lenses.
* Conduct thorough eye examinations, contact lens assessments and aftercare.
* Establish customer's visual requirements whilst maintaining continuous focus on customer care and customer service.
* To assist in all store and individual training requirements.
* Responsible for any clinical duties such as initial exam, visual field screening and contact lens wear and care.
* Conduct eye exams and optical health checks with maximum efficiency.
* Explains all examination procedures to customers in a clear and understanding manner.
* Recommends all available products and service in order to achieve a fully informed customer.
* Maintain the highest standards of presentation in all optometry areas.
Skills and Experience:
* Degree holder in Optometry
* Licensed Optician
* Previous experience of working in role
* Demonstrates utmost flexibility with respect to unscheduled eye appointments
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.