Job description / Role
Nurses care for people who are sick, injured, convalescent or disabled. Under general supervision, they deliver care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation, in accordance with established philosophy. Nurses collaborate with other professional disciplines to ensure effective patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Nurses effectively interact with patient and significant others, while maintaining the standard of professional nursing. The nature of the direction and supervision required for this position varies by State and job setting. Operating Room Nurses provide care and support to patients before, during and after surgery. OR Nurses also assist the surgeon and the surgical team in their tasks.
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Conducts pre- and post-operative education
- Serves as the communication liaison to family and members of the operating team
- Takes and monitors patients' vital signs
- Ensures that operating on correct patient and the correct procedure is being performed
- Provides basic, bedside care
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
- Preps operating room for patient/procedure
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology
- Monitors patients' physical and emotional well-being throughout the care continuum
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their post-treatment home care needs, self-administration of medication and rehabilitation
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing BSN
- All Nationals / western / South African Nursing Diploma's are accepted.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Operating Room an acute care setting.
- The applicant must have a valid professional license to practice, or registration from home country and/or country of last employment
- Must have Good standing status.
- Fluent in English
About the Company
Are you looking for a single talent? Or do you need to recruit a whole team of industry experts? Mercans is at your service. You can tap into more than a decade of expertise working in human resources and recruitment in the challenging environments of the Middle East and North Africa. You have our database of more than 75,000 candidates at your disposal, and with it a better chance to find exactly what you're looking for.
Mercans gets you the connections you need to mobilize even very large teams at short notice. Our recruiters and experts are on site, and with them, your business has an established and reliable presence in the area.
You have the advantage of Mercans' very own candidates database, of which more than 35,000 candidates come pre-qualified. With us, you get the fastest, most experienced, and most reliable recruitment agency in the area.