Job description / Role
In line with the relevant policy and requirements of the Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, preference will be given to Saudi nationals who apply for this role.
Who is Advanced Customer Services?
First of all, the People. Advanced Customer Services has more than 4000 senior technical experts globally, most of them engineers. Each of them comes with a wealth of experience in Oracle technology. Most are in long-term engagements with their customers and thus gain a unique understanding of their platforms, requirements, and business needs.
Advanced Customer Services is a global organization, operating in 100+ countries for 20+ years, with a wealth of customers across all industries Thousands of customers around the globe rely on Advanced Customer Services for high performance and the efficient operation of their most critical business processes on Oracle environments.
o B.S (Computer Science) or equivalent preferred.
o Other qualifications with adequate experience maybe considered.
The Cloud Engineering Architect is a hands-on role focused on assisting Oracle customer implement best practices to maximize the value of Oracle Products and Oracle Cloud. This is a customer facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud and on-premises deployment experience - architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts. The ideal candidate will have experience in designing and implementing workloads on clouds including distributed applications and established success leading deep technical architecture/ application design discussions with customers to drive Cloud deployments.
- Drive the deployment of the customers' workloads to Oracle Cloud by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers' cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers.
- Provide hands-on assistance to Oracle's Top Tier customers in design, implementation and rollout out Oracle and allied products to meet business needs.
- Accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts by providing deep technical expertise. Lead deployment of projects, Creation and delivery of technical content, with a dedicated focus on Oracle cloud services, and lift and shift of customer workloads from OnPrem to Oracle Cloud.
- In this role one will engage with a wide cross section of internal and external stakeholders - development, support, Oracle consulting services, and third-party partners to drive Oracle Cloud adoption efforts.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of work experience in any combination of engineering, product management and consulting with increasing responsibilities, with at least 3+ years as Cloud Architect.
- Hands on skills administrating and implementing solutions using OCI platform and all associated tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of OCI, workload migration techniques, backup/recovery, disaster recovery, scaling and high available architecture.
- Understanding of systems, network, storage, identity and web technologies is a must.
- Knowledge and use of REST APIs.
- Analysis of cloud strategies, design and development of tools for Oracle VMware Cloud Solution.
- Proven ability in performing rapid assessments of clients' internal technology landscape and targeting use cases and deployment targets for Public Cloud technology.
- Ability to on-board seed systems onto Public Cloud and provide guidance in the platform evaluation.
- Hands-on experience with at least two clouds (AWS, Azure, OCI, GCP).
- Understanding of Data structures and algorithms a must.
- Proficiency in shell scripting, Python and either Java or C++.
- Conversant with containers and DevOps paradigm.
- Exposure to Oracle Database and Applications - e-business suite, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards and configuration experience preferred.
- Exposure to Oracle Middleware Experience - WebLogic server, coherence, SOA, IDM preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in design and implementation of Oracle products in Oracle or other 3rd party clouds desired.
- Two full cycle implementations of Cloud desired.
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and be on the leading edge of technology at all times.
- Sharp troubleshooting skills, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage escalated technical situations & develop action plans.
- Ability to travel up to 60% to customer locations and internal sessions.
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.