Job description / Role
The Enterprise Architect is the most senior customer-facing architecture role within Oracle and is'critical to the relationship between the customer and Oracle. The Enterprise Architect acts as a bridge between the needs of the customer to the solutions and services that Oracle may bring to bear to deliver value to the customer. The Enterprise Architect provides leadership within Oracle across the various lines of business to ensure that Oracle’s value offerings to the customer are feasible, consistent, effective and aligned to the customer need.
There are two classes of customer engagements that the Enterprise Architect typically supports. The first is a opportunity-driven large-scale solution. These may vary from a complex pure technology solution such as Enterprise DBaaS or an end-to-end ERP and SCM solution; the common thread being the complexity and cross-pillar, cross-LoB and cloud hybrid nature of the solution. In these complex solutions, the Enterprise Architect will work with other LoB architects to build a complete highlevel architecture that covers the static architecture, the operational architecture and the migration architecture necessary to deliver success to Oracle and the customer. A good term for this type of work might be “Enterprise Solution Architecture”.
The second class of engagement is a longer, more permanent relationship at the account level. The Enterprise Architect will work closely with the customer at very senior level within the customer organisation - typically, CIO, Chief Architect or CTO - to build a strong strategic architecture relationship with the customer. This is usually realised through regular and frequent meetings with the customer - for example within the construct of an architecture board. Whilst the focus will likely be on the customer’s use of Oracle products and services, the aspiration is to build sufficient trust with the customer such that Oracle’s products are considered at the earliest point of the customer’s decision making.
The Enterprise Architect is also a leadership position within Oracle and the architect’s key role here is to bring together the disparate threads of people, services and products into a cohesive offering. A large-scale Oracle solution will bring together Sales, Product Management, Consulting, Cloud Operations, Advanced Customer Services and perhaps a Global Business Unit - and it is the Enterprise Architect who sits at the center of these organisations, ensuring that, from a broad architecture perspective that the solution offers to the customer is fit for purpose.
As the senior role in the architecture community, the Enterprise Architect must also lead beyond a single opportunity. The Enterprise Architect will lead on architecture re-use through the capture of these large-scale architecture designs and their evangelising within Oracle. This includes not only direct re-use in future architecture opportunities, but also the use of those solutions in business development, services proposition development, future product direction. The most senior Enterprise Architects (IC6) will extend the scope of influence through to setting Oracle architecture strategy methodology and engagement models.
The Enterprise Architecture will engage on solution engagements through the use of the ECAL process and will make substantial use of the ECAL example artifacts and pre-built solution patterns in their customer engagements. The Enterprise Architect is responsible for ensuring that any learnings gained whilst working with the customer are fed back into the ECAL content library.
The Enterprise Architect will have a broad network of contacts within and outside Oracle, and the Enterprise Architect is encouraged to have a significant public presence through social media, external publication and participation at events and conferences.
- Support account teams in large-scale opportunities
- Support “Inspire” activities in accounts to generate customer interest
- Work in collaboration with local account team and a broad range of other Oracle LoBs
- Exercise creativity, independent judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques to design non-routine and very complex business solutions utilizing Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs.
- Interact with all roles at customer – including CIO, CTO, IT Architects, technical staff and business representatives.
- Conduct repeatable strategy, architecture, roadmap and planning workshops.
- Provide assessment of current state architecture and recommendation of future state architecture.
- Provide roadmap and migration methodology and identify quick wins.
- Define, develop and evolve architecture standards and principles.
- Provide non-routine and complex statements of work, work breakdown structure and/or level of effort and staff plans.
- Responsible for transitioning deal knowledge to implementation team.
- Leads the architecture and solution design aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality and integrated cross-domain business solutions.
- Identify and evangelize key business and technology benefits of adoption.
- Advise on organizational impact of solutions.
- Play an active role as part of the architecture community.
- Remain fully aware of relevant architectural programs and assets from Oracle worldwide.
- Remain aware of all relevant product developments and references – both at Oracle and at competitors.
- Strategic and outcome-based mind-set
- Enterprise Architecture Methods
- Broad cross-functional, cross-domain IT knowledge
- Modern application architectures
- Modern development approaches
- Modern IT architectures
- Facilitation and Problem Solving
- Industry Knowledge
- Modern technology architectures
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.