Job description / Role
Our client is a holding company with considerable investments in the real estate industry in Saudi Arabia, Europe, Asia, the United States, and China. The company has as well as investments in the stock market in 25 countries. They are currently looking for an Oracle Financial Consultant to be based in Riyadh
The primary function of the Senior Oracle Financial Consultant role is to effectively deliver/implement Oracle Finance modules of Oracle ERP, in order to provide an integrated information system solution to the Businesses.
Duties and responsibilities
• Reporting to the Business Applications Manager, the Senior Oracle Finance Consultant will provide expertise and knowledge in the Oracle Finance modules of Oracle.
• Facilitate and actively participate in all phases of the Implementation cycle, to include Requirements Gathering & Analysis, System Design & Development, Testing, and Implementation.
• Assist Business Users in mapping and streamlining / reengineering business practices to implement various Oracle modules, using standardized implementation methodology including reports specification development and deployment.
• Assist, coach, and mentor other engagement team members on issues they may encounter in the design and implementation of solutions. Participates actively in internal Oracle Financials, Projects and Procurement problem management.
• Consults offshore and/or onsite with internal/external clients on business requirements in order to provide support.
• Acts as senior analyst and champion for Oracle ERP and related corporate financial systems architecture including applications and data.
• Supports multiple projects/tasks within assigned area of Oracle ERP portfolio and related business applications.
• Provides integrated systems planning and recommends new or different solutions which will enhance current systems and support overall corporate and business goals.
• Drives business process reengineering and related lean concepts through Oracle ERP and related information systems best practice deployment.
• Provides in-depth technical consultation to Business Unit and project supervision to ensure development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures, and methodologies.
• Responsible for developing and adhering to engagement team project standards to ensure the delivery of quality deliverables.
• Actively participate in the troubleshooting phase once the product has gone "live".
• Develops and document know-how, controls, and capabilities within the Oracle ERP.
• Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by his / her direct manager.
Qualifications & Experience
• A Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience is required.
• 7-10 years of experience in Oracle ERP Implementations, with experience in designing, developing, testing, implementing, supporting and providing integrated solutions in various industries.
• Willing to be part of Core Internal Oracle ERP Team on Permanent Basis to implement & support Super users & End Users.
• Should have at least 2 full cycle implementation projects with Oracle. Extensive experience in Oracle Financial modules including Project Financials and E-Tax implementations.
• Expert in Implementation, Enhancement & Support activities within Oracle Fusion Cloud Environment.
• Should have a very good functional financial experience that let him can cover various financial treatments consultation. Preferably, has a financial audit background.
• AP: Work Bench details, Setups and configurations, key reports analysis, details on specific standalone features provided by oracle).
• GL: Configuration and setting up. Awareness on the key features provided by Oracle GL - Revaluation, consolidation, translation, general options and allocations. Report development by BI.
• Budgets: Creation, uploading, updating and Control.
• AR: End to End awareness of Order to Cash Cycle. Key Functionalities of auto accounting, Lock Box Process, Auto Invoice interface generation and creation of statements and dunning letter.
• Cash Management: Bank Reconciliation Processes - Manual and Automating. Cash forecasting procedures Dependency on other financial modules.
• Fixed Assets: Asset Creation process - Manual and Automatic. Awareness of Asset category definitions - Depreciation rule, methods, etc. Creation of Asset Books and Calendars.
• Projects: Project Billing and Project Financials and integration with Project Management Tools
• Revenue Management: and applicability of IFRS standards
• OUM Implementation Methodology: Documentation procedures across different phases of the projects.
• Configuration and setups: Hands on experience in performing setup and configuration.
• Demonstrated ability to drive implementation of Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) systems – Oracle.
• Must be able to communicate fluently in English; written & verbal – Arabic language is a plus.
• Possess strong analytical skills, is highly meticulous and someone who has an eye for details.
• Ability to prioritize time and tasks.
• Creativity in resolving complex issues surrounding business process and technical challenges.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering