Job description / Role
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
- To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills.
- To generally promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations.
- To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
- To demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment.
- To assist your direct Manager in any task outlined/detailed by him/her.
- To take time and get to know the guests, and to be committed to service excellence.
- To provide service that is sincere, warm and enthusiastic, ensuring the guests satisfaction.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
- Works in close cooperation with the Kitchen, Stewarding and all other key service departments, i.e. Front Office Housekeeping, Engineering, Laundry, etc.
- Attends training sessions as per instructions of the immediate Supervisor, i.e. guest care, telephone manners, up-selling, entering guestrooms, etc.
- Works as per Room Service duty schedule.
- Ensures that under no circumstances the telephones are unattended and practice impeccable telephone manners.
- Performs cashier duties, if the situation calls for.
- Takes reservations for other outlets during break times, if the situation requires.
- Ensures her own pleasant appearance (condition of uniforms) and grooming.
- Works (hands on) with the team to prepare the daily service mise en place.
- Observes the cleanliness and maintenance of the assigned Room Service area and operating equipment.
- Assures the well-being of all guests by maintaining a close and friendly, yet discrete contact.
- Refers guest complaints directly to the immediate person in-charge / Room Service Manager.
- Directly involved in the order taking and order placing process while dealing with guest requests and orders, courteously, efficiently and promptly.
- Attends all meetings and briefing sessions to maintain open communication within the assigned team.
- Knows all menus and ongoing promotions in the outlet by heart and gives recommendations to guests upon request.
- Flexible to work in other areas when required by the immediate Supervisor.
- To report any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department.
- To pass any maintenance requests to the Maintenance Department.
- To participate in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management.
- To have a complete understanding of and to adhere to Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Be familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for the department.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Conducts a proper handover during shift change.
Food & Beverage
Leadership received from (directly):
Leadership received from (indirectly):
Food & Beverage Director
F&B - Colleague
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.