Organization Design (OD) Consultants
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking experienced Organization Design Consultants to join the Organizational Consulting Department (OCD).
The core functions of OCD are to provide organization design, strategy, and general management consulting services throughout the Company while ensuring alignment of consulting solutions with overall business strategy and corporate objectives, policies, and plans.
OCD consultants provide internal advisory and consulting services to deliver diverse consulting interventions that support the achievement of business initiatives and objectives.
- Provide competent, executive-level management consulting services in diverse business lines related to organization design (OD), business strategy development, and/or other management consulting disciplines.
- Prepare presentations and other communications materials for executive audiences. Interact with and influence senior leaders in the Company to support the execution of various special projects; develop relevant content to be included in executive level presentations and reports. Design and/or facilitate workshops for senior leaders.
- Deliver results in project settings that require a grasp of cross-functional subject matter.
- Ability to write well and communicate effectively across all layers of the organization, including C-suite leaders. Above average interpersonal, facilitation, communication and collaborating skills.
- High Emotional Intelligence and political awareness. High energy with a strong work ethic and eye for business. Must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment. Open to learning new systems and processes.
- Strong project management skills, including a proven track record of leading large, complex projects using standard project management practices and tools. Comfortable engaging partners throughout a project lifecycle.
- Apply critical thinking to a wide variety of situations, comprehend and analyze complex problems, and use well-developed arguments, persuasion, and creativity to develop solutions.
- Leverage management consulting expertise and technical knowledge to address organization change driven by business growth, technology, risk mitigation, outsourcing, business optimization, reorganizations, or transformation.
- Experienced and comfortable managing or leading large, complex projects. Skilled in working with data via Excel or other tools.
- Analytical mentality. Experience working with numbers and reporting. Experience designing/preparing data for presentation.
- Organization Design competence:
- Identify organizational design challenges and propose solutions. Perform rigorous analysis of business functions, processes, organization structures, key capabilities, and governance requirements to design organizations.
- Ability to break down silos by creating cross-functional teams to develop complete design solutions that can be effectively incorporated.
- Lead organization design projects, assisting with the development of organizational structures and/or operating models needed to support execution of the Company business strategy.
- Partner with company leaders to review current organizational structures and measures; build plans to support necessary changes.
- Assist the Corporate Advisor, Organization Design/Management Consulting with project planning. Track status and deliverables for assigned projects.
- Develop centralized tools and resources used on organization design projects.
- Stay up-to-date and informed on trends and innovations in organization design; Propose new designs, tools, and methods that will position OD to grow. Supplement technical knowledge in the areas of talent management, compensation, change management, and Human Resources processes.
- Conduct internal and external research utilizing databases, benchmarking, market surveys, and/or interviews to build analytical frameworks and conduct complex business analyses.
- Provide management consulting services to support Merger & Acquisition development and transactions, including divestments and new company formations (Joint Ventures and subsidiaries).
- Solid understanding of organizational finance (specifically workforce costing, annual budgeting, and planning processes) is a plus.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university recognized by Saudi Aramco. A Master's degree is preferable but not essential.
- At least 10 years of management consulting experience in organizational design, strategy development, and/or other management consulting disciplines within a global company or with an international management consulting firm. Lean Six Sigma or Change Management candidates must have significant general management consulting experience in other management consulting disciplines for this senior-level management consulting position.
- This position requires in-depth knowledge of planning and managing complex management consulting projects in business improvement disciplines (e.g. organizational design, transformation projects, strategy development, etc.) ideally within the oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrated ability to use strategy, organization design, and/or process improvement management consulting methodologies, approaches, or tools.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with excellent interpersonal, persuasion, and negotiation skills. Candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Self-starter with the ability to competently and effectively complete individual tasks and work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Proven delivery experience in organizational design and/or management consulting roles. Previous experience in a large consultancy (strategy or organization design practices) is a significant plus. New hires are expected to draw on their knowledge and expertise to provide immediate value.
- Experience operating in large, multi-national corporations in a highly-matrixed, sophisticated structure; Oil and Gas experience a plus.
- Experience working across many countries and cultures. Exposure to the needs and challenges of Saudi Aramco local and global leaders.
- Organization Design
- Lean Six Sigma
- Data Analytics
- Change Management
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.