Job description / Role
Our client, a leading healthcare facility in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, is currently looking for Orthopedic Technician. In this role, you will perform a variety of functions in the support and care of patients requiring orthopedic care in an outpatient or inpatient medical setting under the supervision of Orthopedic Consultant.
Your responsibilities would include but not limited to:
• Delivers high quality patient care through implementation of the clinical process including assessment of patient needs.
• Measures and fit crutches and canes instruct patients on proper crutch and cane walking.
• Performs rounds on inpatients to ensure proper traction alignment, correct brace fitting, and routine dressing changes are being performed according to physician’s orders.
• Assesses patient comfort related to cast and splints.
• Assist with comfort measures and notification of appropriate staff.
• Responsible for reporting on the condition of the patient to the appropriate supervisor and other staff members.
• Sets up surgical tables, instruments, and supplies required for specific operations.
• Assists in preparation and draping of patient in the operative area.
• Prepares and passes instruments, sutures and supplies needed in the procedure room.
• Assists in maintenance and care of specimens and prepares surgical specimen forms for laboratory analysis.
• Decontaminates all equipment, instruments, and supplies.
• Cleans and stocks carts, rooms, and changes linen as required.
• Assists with surgical table equipment, positioning patients, application of plaster cast and dressings.
• Prepares and maintains the sterile field for the surgical procedure.
• Sets up orthopedic fracture tables for casting procedures.
• Applies and removes a variety of plaster and fiberglass casting, splints, braces, soft goods and skin and skeletal traction.
• Competently supervises and orients new staff at orthopedic department.
• Maintains patient privacy, dignity and protect patient data by keeping patient and other applicable data confidential.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Diploma in EMT (Emergency medical technician) or paramedical certification or Bachelor / Diploma in Nursing and Certificate of training as cast technician/Orthopedic technician.
• Associate Degree in respiratory therapy or completion of a recognized two-year program in Orthopedic Therapy Technology.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a JCIA or equivalent accredited, tertiary Orthopedic care hospital.
• Eligible for License by the Saudi Council for Health Specialties.
• Knowledge of all types of cast application and removal and cast management.
• Basic Life Support required
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.