Job description / Role
The role holder is responsible for providing Orthoptic assessment on referred patients from pediatric /neuro-ophthalmologist, this includes the assessment, evaluation, identification, diagnosis, and nonsurgical treatment of disorders of binocular vision and ocular motility for the purpose of enhancing or restoring function.
- Examine patients with problems related to ocular motility, binocular vision arnblyopla or strabismus
- Evaluate, diagnose, or treat disorders of the visual system with an emphasis on binocular vision or abnormal eye movements.
- Complies a detailed ophthalmic and general medical history
- Perform diagnostic tests or measurements such as motor testing, visual acuity testing, lensometry, retinoscopy, facility of accommodation, contrast sensitivity function and color vision testing
- Interpret clinical or diagnostic test results
- Determines when orthoptic treatment (occlusion, lenses, prisms, exercises, etc.) is necessary, then institutes and supervises such treatment.
- Instructs and counsels patients and/or parents regarding ocular problem, treatment plan and outcome expectations.
- Refer patients to ophthalmic surgeons or other physicians when needed.
- Develop or use special test and communication techniques to facilitate diagnosis and treatment of children or disabled patients
- Collaborate with ophthalmologists, optometrists, or other specialists in the diagnosis, treatment, or management of conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts, and retinal.
Perform binocular vision assessment including subjective and and objective evaluation of:
- The patient's ocular sensory status/function including the potential for and implication of fusion, retinal corresrepondence, suppression, diplopia/confusion, and stereoscopic vision.
- The patient's ocular motor functions including fusional amplitudes, convergence capacity and binocular visual acuity.
- The patient's ocular potential including the prediction of functional improvement via treatment.
- Need to have successfully completed training at an accredited Orthoptic Training School and has a national board certification as an Orthoptist
- A bachelor's degree is the minimum formal education required.
- At least one year practical experience in the employment of a clinic, hospital or private Ophthalmology office after graduation.
- Working experience for one year in a hospital - based ophthalmology clinic.
- Demonstrates sound clinical judgment and manual dexterity for handling diagnostic instruments
- Must demonstrate a personality capable of establishing rapport with patients, parents and fellow professionals,
- Strong organizational skills and teaching ability as well as clinical expertise;
- Work independently in the clinical setting with minimal supervision required
- Ability to collaborate with team members and encourages teamwork
- Ability to relate to both children and adults:
- Good observational skills:
- Ability to prioritize and deal with time constraints and multi-tasks without sacrificing accuracy and attention to detail.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills, respects other health professions and patients
- Adaptability and capacity to handle different emotional situations.
About the Company
Are you looking for a single talent? Or do you need to recruit a whole team of industry experts? Mercans is at your service. You can tap into more than a decade of expertise working in human resources and recruitment in the challenging environments of the Middle East and North Africa. You have our database of more than 75,000 candidates at your disposal, and with it a better chance to find exactly what you're looking for.
Mercans gets you the connections you need to mobilize even very large teams at short notice. Our recruiters and experts are on site, and with them, your business has an established and reliable presence in the area.
You have the advantage of Mercans' very own candidates database, of which more than 35,000 candidates come pre-qualified. With us, you get the fastest, most experienced, and most reliable recruitment agency in the area.