Job description / Role
• System Administration and Support Engineer for Nokia Fixed Access Element and Network Management Systems.
• Work in shift environment to provide 24 hour coverage 7 days a week. Attendance of morning, evening, and night shifts, week days and weekends is required
• Develop programs to collect data from Network Elements using UNIX shell, awk, SED, TL1, CLI, SNMP, XML, SOAP or any other relevant method.
• Troubleshoot, analyze, and provide solutions for Fixed Access, NEs, NMS, and EMS reported troubles.
• Provides customers with a variety of support services, including but not limited to providing remote and on-site L1 and L2 network support of FND Management Systems.
• Provides technical support activities such as configuration support, Network Management System Integration support, maintenance release and software update deployment, and on-site training
• Provide remote and on-site recovery support in the event of an out-of-service condition caused by a disaster
• Escalate to a higher level support in case of difficulty, time critical problems, or need due to a configuration control.
• Provide knowledge sharing, problem resolution assistance, and on job training to other technical support personnel as required.
• Initiate and Participate in technical meetings and conference calls related to issues under Management Systems responsibilities.
• Utilize various tools and knowledge of databases available to assist in the troubleshooting process.
• Experience as system administrator for Unix platforms and Microsoft Windows.
• Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, obtain results, and provide solutions for technical problems.
• Strong understanding of xDSL, LAN/WAN techniques and protocols to include but not limited to the following: ADSL, VSDL, IP DSLAMs, VoIP, GPON, SHDSL, IP, MPLS, SNMP, and Network Mgmt knowledge.
• Knowledge of Unix, Linux and related programming resources: Shell, Awk, SED, Perl, Visual Basic, MySQL, Oracle, Vi, Emacs
• Experience working on Nokia Fixed Access Management Systems: AWS, AMS, Network Analyzer, HDM, NAM, OneView
• Experience working on Nokia Fixed Access Network Elements: 7302, 7356, 7342, 7360
• Experience working on Nokia Fixed Access Command Line Interfaces: TL1, CLI, SNMP, XML, SOAP
About the Company
Saudi Networkers is one of the largest consultancies providing services to ICT, Oil & Energy, Technology, Engineering, Banking, Finance and Healthcare arena across Middle East & Africa, covered by teams, specialized in their assigned industry sector.
Saudi Networkers founded in 2001 and has excelled ever since in providing cost effective solutions to the biggest multinational companies in MEA region with very high standards of quality whilst adhering business ethics and meeting our clients expectations.
Today, SNS Group is one of the leading consultancies, with more than 1700+ employees worldwide, ISO 9001:2008 certified and is highly regarded.