This position is closed or expired.
See other Management jobs
The purpose of this position is to develop strategy and exercise effective leadership in the planning, development, and management of the NSR System established to deliver Operations services. The position includes achievement of contractual and internal targets for safety, operations, service reliability, achievement of customer service standards, supervision of maintenance contractors working at depot and Headquarters buildings
• Develop the Operations Department and coordinate resources including hiring and management of qualified Operations Managers, Planning Manager, Sales Customer Services Distribution Channels Managers, Marketing Manager, control room operators, planners, and front line staff
• Oversee all functions of the Operations Department and be responsible for the day to day operations of the NSR System
• Overall responsibility for the mobilisation and training of the post launch organisation leading to a successful transition to a safe and efficient revenue service operation
• Responsibility for the mobilisation and training of the organisation to ensure safe, efficient revenue service
• Building and maintaining an organisation that is committed to delivering Customer Services Excellence
• Customer satisfaction overall responsibility for the development of systems and procedures that meet SAR Corporate Governance standards for administration, financial control and reporting, commercial contracts, operations, public relations, marketing, security, and human resources activities
• Effectively manage the processes and resources to enable requirements of the NSR System passengers to be met, e.g. service frequency, punctuality, cleanliness and provision of information
• Restore and recover services affected by operational incidents, bad weather, staff shortages or equipment failure, and be a focal point in incident management and liaise with the emergency services and agencies for assistance
• Lead and participate in updating the standard operating procedures and work instructions due to changes in customer’s requirements, legislation, work process and methods, etc.
• Provide strategic direction, planning, and managing the development and implementation of policies, procedures and work instructions for aligning department’s operations to the committed performance targets and achieving year-over-year cost reductions while improving operations efficiency and performance
• Provide direction to subordinate managers regarding for the resolution of complex issues, compliance issues and potential problems related to operations
• Technical, Financial and People Accountabilities
• Meeting the Key Performance Indicators according to the targets agreed with the Vice President (Operations) in the areas of: Management of the client and contractor interface, Delivery of study reports on time, preparations for launch of service
• Manage the operations and ensure the team is performing to a satisfactory standard and within the allocated budget
• Able to act as Professional Head of Operations
• Perform and carry out other duties as instructed/directed by the Vice President (Operations).
Strategy and Plans
• To develop, agree and manage a robust strategy and annual plans for the contract/s to meet the contractual requirements and business targets
• To contribute towards developing the strategy of the parent organization
• To conduct regular reviews of plans, monitoring and taking action to ensure business targets are met, including submitting accurate and timely reports
• To focus on the future direction of the contract, to include implementation of continuous improvement initiatives, and strengthen the customer relationship to enable the success of future rebids
• Signatory for contract agreements in the pursuance of normal operations to levels defined by the Holding Company
• Health and Safety Statement and safety license signatory
• Business objective setting and senior team performance targets.
Growth and Financials
• To ensure a business development strategy is in place, to deliver the contract/s growth aspirations in line with the commitment; including ad-hoc additional challenges
• To ensure effective financial management is in place to achieve turnover, profit and cash targets, and to meet corporate and legal requirements
• Support the organic growth of the business by providing expertise and leadership to rebids in own area
• Authorization levels for business expenditure and investment proposals as defined by the Holding Company
• Authorized cheque signatory for bill payments to level set by Holding Company.
Customers and Markets
• To represent NSR when meeting with the customers, stakeholders, the financial community and the public in order to enhance reputation and foster a partnership approach to relationships
• To lead customer service excellence and a continuous improvement culture, so that the business remains at the leading edge of service delivery and value
• To develop an excellent relationship with the contract/s customer/s, to anticipate future needs and continue to deliver growth and margin for SAR; and value for money for the customer.
Organisation and People
• To provide leadership to the business such that employees understand and have input to the plans, as appropriate, and are motivated to achieve their objectives
• To ensure that the contract/s is/are optimally structured, managed and populated including leveraging shared service facilities as appropriate
• To ensure that a best practice framework is in place for the delivery of the contract(s) using processes, procedures and systems which are aligned with those of the company
• To ensure appropriate corporate governance is in place to comply with health, safety and other legal requirements upon the business and ensure that NSR is delivered effectively
• To reward the team, aligned to market rates, and recognize people for delivering great service, including nominating worthy candidates for appropriate recognition of commendations / awards.
HSQE Responsibilities and Information Security Responsibilities
• Lead in the development and implementation of the Integrated Management System requirements within their Department and provide the leadership to ensure that contents of Health, Safety, Quality and Environment and Information Security Policy Statements are known and understood by their staff
• Provide input into the development of the Health, Safety, Quality and Environment and Information Security Policy Statements
• To exercise a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by the acts or omissions and promote the same within their area of responsibility
• Ensure that a good HSQE and Information Security culture is promoted within their departments and among their peers
• Lead by example and ensure that ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimize the generation of waste are identified and responded to within their area of responsibility
• Protect information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental
• Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their departments and peers
• Conduct regular reviews on the HSQE and Information Security Performance and seek ways to continually improve
• Carry out regular safety tours and inspections.
Ideally a degree holder in relevant discipline
Ideally holds membership or accreditation from a professional body such as the IRO.
• Must be a skilled manager in communicating, motivating and developing staff
• Must be politically incisive in communicating effectively with KSA Ministries, government agencies, board members, media/press, contractors and staff
• Highly motivated and flexibility to work in a time-sensitive environment to respond quickly and effectively to unanticipated high workloads, events and emergencies
• Excellent analytical reasoning ability and capable of making decisions on complex matters
• Ability to multi-task and analyse situations promptly and without bias so as to determine the proper course of action or alternatives without jeopardizing human safety, quality and the committed performance targets
• Thorough understanding of all aspects of safety issues related to railway operations.
• Minimum 15 years general experience
• Minimum 10 years of general operations management experience
• 5 years of specific operations management experience within the rail industry
• Working knowledge of train scheduling, train utilization, train crew roster, control centre operations, station operations, train operations and depot operations
• Good understanding of the rail systems basics such as passenger, freight or heavy haul operations and signalling systems, automatic gates and fare collection, track and crossovers, control and communication systems and E&M systems, their functions and operations.
• Strategic operational leadership role that sets the strategy and direction within the NSR System contract
• Oversees a range of services spread across a multitude of locations
• Requires extensive networking within business and client organizations in order to deliver outputs.
About the Company
The Recruitment Tree is an independently owned search and selection consultancy based in the North East with offices in the Middle East.
We are experts in our specialist sectors and have access to the highest calibre candidates due to our strong long term relationships and unrivaled market knowledge. Our friendly and supportive consultants work tirelessly to meet your needs by building meaningful, long-term relationships who understand your business requirements.
If you are looking for a job, our knowledgeable consultants are up to date and well informed about the current job market and how best to find you a job you are most suited to. We will dedicate time in understanding your needs, getting to know you, and finding you the right job.
At The Recruitment Tree we strive to enable our candidates to walk away having found their perfect role, and our clients to walk away having added value to their business with their most important asset, their people.