Job description / Role
Attractive Expat Package Available
Saudi Arabia – Riyadh
An interesting opportunity has arisen to work for one of the leading law practices in the ME region.
Attractive Ex-Pat Package offered including Basic, Housing Allowance, Annual Flight to Home Country, Fully Comprehensive Medical Insurance + Annual Bonus (Relocation assistance will be provided to overseas candidates)
I am currently handling a very prestigious position for a top law firm in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. My client is a leading firm, ranked top tier in many practice areas including Intellectual Property in both Riyadh, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar amongst other locations internationally. At this time they are looking to hire a Patent lawyer to work within their Intellectual Property & Patent practice in Riyadh.
The firm’s dedicated Intellectual Property Practice has always been a pioneer in developing the practice of law and pushing its boundaries whether before Trademark, Copyright and Patent offices, or through enforcement agencies or Courts. The Department provides advice on Data Protection and Privacy, Consumer Protection, Regulatory Affairs and Compliance. Their strength and expertise extend to IP registration, portfolio management and enforcement, regulatory affairs and consumer protection, IP audits and due diligence and data privacy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Preparation of patent applications for filing in the Middle East, US, EP as well as under the PCT;
• Prosection of patent applications regionally and internationally, including preparation of responses to office actions;
• Assist in patent litigation cases; including patent infringement, invalidation, and oppositions;
• Managing patent portfolios;
• Preparing patentability, FTO and validity opinions:
• Assist the Partner & Head of Patents in managing the patents team and clients;
• Assist the Partner and Head of Patents in business development activities mainly in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and possibly outside
This is an excellent opportunity to join an already performing practice and have the scope to build. If your keen to develop a practice and have long terms goals to stay in the region and make an impact, this would be an excellent chance to bring further purpose to your time here in the ME.
In addition, KSA is one of the leading countries for growth in the Gulf region and this role should give great opportunity for scope of work, progression, variety and international experience.
Education and/or Experience
• Practicing / Registered lawyer / Bar admitted (Registered Lawyers/Patent Attorneys will only be considered)
• Life sciences background, preferably chemical engineering
• Experience of working in an international law firm (desirable but not essential)
• 4-8 years of experience in patent procurement and prosecution
• Excellent written and communication skills;
• Fluent in English
• Experience in client management
• Experience in team management
• Business development acumen
About the Company
Inspire Selection is headquartered in Dubai and recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Insurance, Legal, Sales & Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Logistics & Supply Chain.