Job description / Role
Major Activities Performed:
• Review industry environmental compliance with Client requirements
• Provide necessary advice/guidance to air quality, marine, water, hazardous waste sections
• Review/evaluate environmental permit application packages and technical reports submitted by existing and new industries
• Provide support to determine fines and penalty values on the basis of industry violations and non-adherence
• Performs periodic inspections on the facilities and areas to ensure environmental compliance
• Evaluates the self-monitoring reports and other technical reports submitted by industries and coordinates with other sections regarding violations.
• Review and evaluates the environmental impact assessment studies submitted by existing and new industries.
• Participates in periodic revision of Client Environmental regulations and standards and implement the same in line with Kingdom’s laws, international regulations and standards and best practices.
• Evaluates the impact of pollution on air, water, soil and marine and terrestrial ecology and other environmental sensitive areas.
• Sets and monitors environmental regulations and standards in line with government’s environmental standards
• Administers environmental control laboratories and undertakes studies to determine the impact of industrial operations on the environment.
• Provides the needed advice and guidance to Director for permit status of the industrial facilities if necessary. Through field visits, on-site inspections and communication with the facilities maintain and control the permit application process
Experience and Qualifications:
• Western national with Western qualifications
• Bachelor degree in relevant field (Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Related Science)
• 12 years of relevant experience in the field of environmental safety and control
Key technical skills in the following:
• Time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Relevant computer proficiency, experience in using Microsoft Office tools and / or any relevant software.
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Should be able to communicate effectively in English Language
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.