Petroleum Engineering Specialist
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Petroleum Engineering Specialist Provides expertise across the discipline of petroleum engineering with emphasis on unconventional resources, example topics include completions, rig-less activities, production optimization, and well integrity. You will demonstrate excellent computer skills, and hands on experience in data analytics, ensuring optimized well completion designs, and cost-effective fracturing/well intervention programs. Able to demonstrate expertise in industry specific software applications relevant to the above mentioned topics. Accountable to lead, and participate in technical studies, New Technology trials, and projects. Contributes to the development of technical workflows. Actively engaged in coaching and mentoring of junior/ graduate engineers.
- Engages with leaders and experts from Upstream to provide guidance on best-in-class petroleum engineering tenets.
- Introduces new technologies to enhance hydrocarbon asset characterization and recovery.
- Leads, designs and participates in integrated petroleum engineering studies.
- Identifies petroleum engineering technical challenges and develops solutions.
- Supports the development/updating of technical standards and guidelines related to area of expertise.
- Participates in technical societies and technical publications in the area of expertise.
- Works as an independent contributor, mentors less experienced engineers and acts as a reference in the area of specialty.
Education & Experience Requirements
- achelor's degree in Petroleum engineering or related science as appropriate to the required discipline. M.S. or Ph.D. degree is preferred in related field.
- Minimum Years of Experience :12
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.